debussyschild

on the brink: making the choice to skydive

Ah ha, then that does make sense. Heck, I'll buy beer regardless. I can hand out cans and practice my emergency procedures. ;)

That static line jump should be fun

Ummm, if it comes in a can it doesn't really count as beer. :P BOTTLES are preferred.

But you are also exempt from the beer rules while as a student, or you'd be buying every jump. Case number 1 is graduating AFF, case #2 is A license, and then the beer rules really take effect!

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I DO recall, however, being hyperfocused and very much aware of everything that was going on around me (to the extent that a student would BE aware, that is... I still have much to grasp). - Never lose that. Fly with your head on a swivel.

As far as the being nervous.. we all went though it.. some people get over it faster than others. Think about what we are doing.. it should scare you.
Took me 30 jumps to stop with the "what the fuck am I doing here" stuff.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

So much to keep track of! :P

Thanks for laying that out straight for me (and the rest) ;)

Cat B is tomorrow! :D

So did ya do Cat B?

Ugggggggghhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... :(
I'm trying not to complain too much about it, but it is definitely a buzz kill when you're all hyped up about jumping only to find you can't. It was the damn weather's fault. I got to the DZ super early and slept for a little bit. After the first load of the day went up, the wind picked up and the clouds came in. Winds were 22 mph from NE. Max winds aloft for AFFs are 14 mph. No jump for me. Meh, c'est la vie.

HOWEVER, it was not a complete loss, as I got the chance to learn how to pack a canopy and actually got to pack one 3 times in full with some help. The last time I packed it I did it all by myself (I'm proud of that) and it actually looked NEAT, albeit my line stowing was not pretty. I've realized that the hardest part is not flaking, it's FOLDING and getting your canopy into the friggin d-bag without screwing up your nicely flaked canopy (or giving yourself a line over). All in all, even though I didn't get to jump, I still learned a lot and--believe it or not--I enjoy packing (although I'm sure my opinion will change once I'm packing my own after every jump). I was very sore and exhausted from packing but it was worth it. :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

[replyI was very sore and exhausted from packing but it was worth it. :)

Hey, I'm usually sore and exhausted at the end of any good day at the DZ, but I'm kinda old.

I wake up on monday morning going "I... can't... move... but it was SOOO worth it!"

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Ummm, if it comes in a can it doesn't really count as beer. :P BOTTLES are preferred.

Times are changing - Guinness and Pilsener Urquell both come in PINT cans now and are as yummy - and as welcome at any dropzone - as ever !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

3 words to describe my category B jump that I made on 12/6/08:

PIECE OF CAKE.

The King Air is the coolest freaking airplane to jump out of.

Onward march to cat C. :-D
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."