DSE

Altitrack/Jumptrack to Neptune/Paralog

I'm making the transition from an Altitrack and Jumptrack to Paralog with a Neptune, since the L&B products can't read more than 119 seconds of freefall.
However, I can't get Jumptrack to properly export a CSV file that Paralog can import.
Any suggestions, hints, or helps from folks that have done this in the past?

(Not all LB products. While ProTrack stops at 119 seconds, AltiTrack will go for several minutes, but that's beside the point.)

My experience with a number of different programs that export CSV files is that they often need manual tweaking before the receiving program will accept them.

Usually this is tedious, but not terribly difficult, since a CSV is a text file of "comma separated values". Modifications are usually straightforward, though often not fun to do.

Look at the bright side. At least with a CSV you have a chance of fixing things with tools you have around. If the Export/Import facilities used something other than a text file, you would likely have a much more difficult time of it.

Good luck!

I'm making the transition from an Altitrack and Jumptrack to Paralog with a Neptune, since the L&B products can't read more than 119 seconds of freefall.
However, I can't get Jumptrack to properly export a CSV file that Paralog can import.
Any suggestions, hints, or helps from folks that have done this in the past?

Altitrack can log up to 15 min per jump ,

for the changeing and exporting the file you can open the jumptrack DB in MS Access to export it to an CSV file.

If you did a default install you should find the .mdb file here.

C:\Program Files\Jump-Track 3\JumpTrack3_Backup\My JumpTrack Files\Logbooks

open in Access and then export what you need
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

hadn't considered opening the DB file in Access, great idea! I'm trying to export, and getting an invalid field message when setting up the export.
As far as the Altitrack, it won't read a wingsuit jump correctly, typically logging less than 10 seconds of the jump, where a borrowed Neptune is simply flawless. If there is something I'm missing on the Altitrack, I'm not finding it in the owners manual. I'd prefer to keep using my Altitrack, because I am very familiar and comfortable with the Altitrack/Jumptrack combination. Fast and easy....

If there is something I'm missing on the Altitrack, I'm not finding it in the owners manual. I'd prefer to keep using my Altitrack, because I am very familiar and comfortable with the Altitrack/Jumptrack combination. Fast and easy....

Take what I say with a grain of salt because I have no practical experience with the AltiTrack, I'm in the process of evaluating it though.

On page 36/37 of the manual downloaded from their website it specifies a dive type of "SLO" and states "In SLO the exit fallrate and deployment calculation parameters are changed to fit very slow falling types of dives, like wing suit dives, etc."

Hope it helps.

-Adam