Judit

Does anyone do reiki?

:D:D
Reiki is energy healing (it might be called something different in the States). OK, to give you an idea.
I met this lovely girl in Sweden. We started chatting and found out that she was in absolute agony she had terrible pain in her stomach. She didn't know what it was. She couldn't sleep, couldn't jump, couldn't really do much from the pain. I was reikiing her for hours, she ended up jumping on the last day and felt much better. We even did a jump together.
She went back home, straight to the doctors and found out she was pregnant. Apparently there was some complication with her pregnancy. Cut the long story short she now has a beautiful, healthy little girl and she's absolutely convinced that I helped her little baby. She even told this story to everyone on her Christening :)
So with this explanation, anyone??

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

I've had 2 reiki sessions, and would gladly have more. The first one was at a street fair. I laid down, and the woman - a complete stranger - started her thing. For fifteen minutes she worked, occasionally describing all sorts of things she was finding. She caught all sorts of minor injuries that were basically healed, listing out things that were in no way obvious by sight. After the session, I felt like I was walking on clouds for 2 days. And a few days after that, I realised that the tendonitis in my shoulder hadn't bothered me since the session. It never did come back.

Reiki is coolB|

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I'm just curious... was there any touching involved? I watched 2 people perform reiki on someone once. All they did was stand over her and hold their hands close to her. They didn't even seem so serious about it... but they believed they were actually doing something.

I have no clue if what I saw was standard or if you're describing something completely different. Hope I'm not offending anyone (well, if I do, I'm ok with it :)
Dave

As I recall, she did some theraputic touch on my skull, but didn't touch me anywhere else.

Have you ever laid with your eyes closed, in the grass outside in the summer, when it's lovely and warm? No air moving at all, and it's warm enough to raise a light sweat even though you are perfectly still? And then a slight breeze goes by and raises your body hairs, cooling your skin but your muscles stay warm? And then when you open your eyes, all the colours are a bit more vibrant?

That's what reiki is like to me. Very calming, clearing, balancing, and centering. Just the thought of it sends a tickle up my neck. Highly recommended.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I saw someone doing something similar to one of the manifest ladies. he made circular motions with his hand an inch or so over the inside of her wrist. " 'something' energy" he called it. "convection energy", I thought to myself: slightly spread fingers allow heat to escape from body because they act like a radiator next to an extra sensitive area of your body.:S Didn't say anything though. Didn't want to be a poor sport and destroy the magic.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

huh, I thought you were interested in learning more about it....turns out you do reiki yourself....
meanwhile you did reiki on a pregnant woman who then felt good enough to go skydiving.....(should pregnant women skydive? at what month should they stop? those type of questions I leave to you ladies to discuss on women's forum!)

First off, you do not mention how much training in Reiki or experience in other healing methods you may have.

So may I kindly state that energy therapies, no matter how seemingly 'mellow' they may be, should be done in small doses (not for hours)....to move the energy a little bit.....if at all....let their bodies do the rest of the healing.

The same acupressure/acupuncture/healing points can heal or oppositely, move energy too fast or the wrong way. There are points in oriental medicine that work wonders, but are prohibited for pregnant women, for example.

Further, a little goes a long way. For example, sometimes you see a photo of someone with many acupuncture needles inserted, like a pin cushion. A good acupuncturist can do better work with one or two needles in the right places if they understand the body's energy flow needs.

Reiki is often a very effective healing modality.
So is Healing Touch, Polarity Therapy, and whatever else the copyrighted name may be.

All of these are variations of "laying on of hands",
and the effects differ from person to person. The same hand motions/positions may not work on you when one person does them, but work really well when a different person tries the same on you (even when both are on the same reiki level for example, or the same background in any other therapy).

That being said, a good part of whatever you were able to do for her was due to your good vibes as much or probably even more, than the reiki technique you used.

Best wishes to you in your work to help others!
marc

huh, I thought you were interested in learning more about it....turns out you do reiki yourself....

The main reason I started this thread is because I was very curious how popular these kind of healing methods are in other countries.Though it should be the same thing everywhere the method of teaching changes from country to country. Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear with only asking a question but you cannot really learn something like this on the net anyway so I figured it doesn't make any difference whether I do it or not.

meanwhile you did reiki on a pregnant woman who then felt good enough to go skydiving.....(should pregnant women skydive? at what month should they stop?

OK, when I reikied her she had absolutely no idea she was pregnant. It was a huge surprise to her when she found out and she was only a few weeks pregnant at the time.

First off, you do not mention how much training in Reiki or experience in other healing methods you may have.

I just started my second level course in reiki but have been very interested in it for years so I constantly read about it even before I started my first course. (Here the third level is the Reiki Master) I believe that natural healing is the best cure or treatment for anything and since I started learning about this (plus mind control and other things I have no idea what they're called in English) I or my close family circles haven't even seen any medicines.

Thank you very much for all your posts, much appreciated.

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

I'm just curious... was there any touching involved? I watched 2 people perform reiki on someone once. All they did was stand over her and hold their hands close to her. They didn't even seem so serious about it... but they believed they were actually doing something.

Nope you aren't offending me. I'm used to that actually. It really doesn't look like anything is happening, however the opposite is true. I'm a Reiki Master (which just means teacher). I wish I could show you one on one. I've done it for plenty of people who laughed at me on the DZ (the Ranch) and they walked away with their mouths opened, not knowing what to say.

I'm sure if you spoke up you'll find someone on the DZ who does Reiki that you can get a free session from.

All the best

Captain Kim

energy therapies, no matter how seemingly 'mellow' they may be, should be done in small doses (not for hours)

Actually Reiki is one of the only energy systems that can never harm. Anyone associated with it or who has read about it will most likely know that. The energy always flows for the highest good of the person. If it is not the highest good, it simply will not flow.

Going for hours is no big deal with Reiki. The reason being is that the practitioner does not control the Reiki. They do not make the Reiki either. It flows (again) for the highest good. If the client has a broken bone and wants the practitioner to give Reiki to it, the energy may just go to their emotional field if that is where they need it. "Moving" the energy as you say is not what a Reiki practitioner does. Of course if the client requests you to stop, then that is respected. But you can never get too much Reiki.

All you Reiki practisioners how would you like a Million Dollars

killerkimmy being that you are a "reiki master" it should be easy money... dont you think??? if you dont want it, you could always donate it to charity...

Here's a list to help you choose one.
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

HELLO............... ONE MILLION DOLLARS, ONE ...... MILLION.....DOLLARS up for grabs......

Nobody wants it, I find that almost as hard to believe as Reiki :P

Maybe your worried the money doesnt exist, well the long answer: The JREF is a 'tax exempt' organization, so they are required by law to have a level of financial transparency. That means that the public can request things like an annual report and copies of JREF's 990 (the tax return non-profits file). Go to http://tfcny.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/esearch.php (search for Randi) to look up JREF's 990. Contained within these types of documents is enough information to verify that the organization does indeed have special assets in a reserved account to cover the prize, should it ever be won. The contract between the claimant and JREF is binding enough that the JREF must pay the prize if someone wins it. As a savvy applicant, all you need to do is verify that the organization has the funds to cover the prize. Also, if JREF were not able to hold up its end of the bargain, the IRS would investigate and pull the JREF's tax exempt status. It would mean severe penalties for the JREF, and Randi himself would also be personally liable and subject to potential incarceration. Rest assured: the money is there...

so what are you all waiting for???

any other questions????
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+