hottamaly

Need computer geek help

I'm sorry to bother you guys from your regularly schedualed program but I need some help. I'm on a gatway computer with windows XP home edition on DSL and I keep getting this RED circle with a White hand in it when I go to click on things. I know to press the "control" button to let it let me in but it won't let me access PDF files (says page not found).

I've tried turning off my windows firewall and that didn't make it go away or give me access. HELP....

Thanks in advance.

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Okay, definitely sounds like a pop-up blocker to me...

Which pop-up blocker do you use (even though you said you disabled it)?

Have you checked for spyware recently? Since you're using IE, it's quite possible that you inadvertently downloaded an unwanted toolbar that came with its own pop-up blocker.

I use anti spy ware but that's a good idea about another popup blocker being installed. I went to "tools" and assume that is the one for IE and that is turned off, I'll look to see if there is another one going on. Thanks.

I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Well, the good news is that I found the other pop up blocker and added the site (boneheads) to the list and the hand is gone. But, when I try to access the "forms" it still says page not found and when I go to another computer, it works fine.
Damn I hate these things cuz I know nothing (enough) about them.