cameramonkey

are we so jaded that the media must hype EVERYTHING?

So I am listening to the news this AM laying in bed. On station A, they refer to a shoplifter that refused to stop for a deputy in the parking lot. Instead, he jumped in his car, and tried to back out of the space. The officer fired ONE shot at the tire to disable the vehicle (he missed). The suspect jumped out and ran. he was caught a few mins later.

I get to work and start listening to station B. The teaser is "shootout in local walmart parking lot... details at the bottom of the hour"

SHOOTOUT?!?!?!? Dont you usually have to have an EXCHANGE of gunfire to be a "shootout"?

Next it will be "pedestrial almost killed trying to cross the street" (he fell on the ice and hit his head on the curb... he COULD have died from blunt force trauma) Or how about "17 skydivers almost killed in skydiving jump." (they COULD have died had they not pulled, after all)

*sigh*
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

So I am listening to the news this AM laying in bed. On station A, they refer to a shoplifter that refused to stop for a deputy in the parking lot.

That's nice. He'll probably get resisting arrest as well for that one, whereas he would be an idiot to stop in the first place.

the officer, however, should get fired for firing a shot in public parking lot when no ones life was in danger. :S
This ad space for sale.

lol looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed;);););)

What exactly is the wrong side of the bed. Is it the left or right? :D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

mmmm i get up from the left. I'm happy every morning. Except when you wake up with a morning woody and you need to piss really bad. Is it me or do you have to sit on the toilet push down hard(sometimes it gets wet from the toilet):D:D
Can be kinda painful sometimes.. And you women complain about periods:S
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Except when you wake up with a morning woody and you need to piss really bad. Is it me or do you have to sit on the toilet push down hard(sometimes it gets wet from the toilet)reply]

thats when you use the emergency vertical pisser... jump in the shower, turn on the water, and let it fly... not pretty, but works in a pinch.

Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

We only have ourselves to blame. Why? We are the ones that slow down for car accidents, get caught up in OJ running down the expressway, read tabloids, watch trashy reality TV, make Jerry Springer popular, etc....

Most honorable reporters are long gone. It's about glam, popularity, ratings, bill rates, looking good, getting it on the air 2secs before your competition, fitting as much news on the TV screen at once no matter how of the meat of the story has to be cut.......but more importantly it is about making money. Therefore they look at what most of what people fall for (see above) and present the news in that fashion.

Look how popular the Cable News Nets are, the Primetime live shows.....and then look at the last remaining real news shows and how much their ratings are dropping off. Therefore the phrase "If it bleeds, it leads" is what most news stations live by.

And also - don't forget that sometimes the medium is the message.