tetra316

Downloading dvd's to your computer, tech help

Alright so how do I download/copy a dvd to my computer? I have windows movie maker on here that I tried to use to import the video. It recognizes a video in the drive but when I select it nothing is there so I can't copy anything. I don't have a dvd burner, just a reader, I'd just like to copy the video to my computer. Is there a way to do this?

try this: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/imgburn.cfm

sounds like you need some education as well:

http://www.doom9.org/

Guides->DVD/MiniDVD->DVD Backup

you'll probably want to read a bit in the other 2 sections as well. don't worry, it's not a ton.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

Get DVD Shrink.

Here here, best program I've used to make a copy of a DVD. I'm now shopping/downloading programs to copy my DVDs to a PSP. Any suggestions?

Nero7 is $100 ... but the demo I've tried works well. Just pricey.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I'm still not sold on the PSP idea yet. I would rather go and get a standard portable DVD player, or laptop.

With that said, Nero is a very strong program. It will be able to do anything you would like and well worth the money. It can be a little difficult to use at times and only works with certain types of INPUT files. If you compare Nero to other video editing programs, it is one of the cheaper ones with the most features.

Also, if you do TV shows and want to take out the ads, use Video Redo. It will take out the ads on a 1 hour show in two min automatically.
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

Good shit man.. Thanks for the heads up.

As for the PSP, it's office doable... dragging a portable dvd player into the office isn't as forgivable as bringing a handheld video game is. My boss is a part-time gamer and understands some frags on your freetime.. he wouldn't understand loading "Goodfellas" while I was working on a 15 million $$ letter of credit. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Get DVD Shrink.

Here here, best program I've used to make a copy of a DVD. I'm now shopping/downloading programs to copy my DVDs to a PSP. Any suggestions?

I just installed DVD Shrink a week ago, as well as the Nero7 trial version to enable the integrated burning, and am pretty damn pleased with the results. Any idea how long the Nero trial version will work before it tries to get money out of me?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Get DVD Shrink.

I use PSP Video 9 http://www.pspvideo9.com/ to convert mine... it appears to be able to convert straight from VOB files but I haven't tried...

On the "getting started" page there's a link at the bottom to a how-to kinda thing for converting DVDs to PSP.