Muenkel

Quick Geek question regarding McAfee.

Hoping someone can help me with this. I have McAfee protection installed on my PC. Periodically, when I log on to the net (I have dial up), I'll get a little green box with a yellow arrow. It updates my software. It generally doesn't take very long, but for some reason It's been going continuously. The message says 'Installing McAfee Virus Scan'. It has never taken this long before. I'm wondering if something is wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Hoping someone can help me with this. I have McAfee protection installed on my PC. Periodically, when I log on to the net (I have dial up), I'll get a little green box with a yellow arrow. It updates my software. It generally doesn't take very long, but for some reason It's been going continuously. The message says 'Installing McAfee Virus Scan'. It has never taken this long before. I'm wondering if something is wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

I had the same problem today. Started downloading and installing updates that went on all day. I eended up deleting and then reinstalling McAfee and it's running fine now.

One thing I just realized is that I did not shut down my computer last time I logged off the net. Do you think that's it?

Chris

Wasn't my problem. I tried rebooting, shutting down McAfee etc. I even tried manually downloading up dates after disabling the automatic option but nothing seemed to work. My guess is a file got corrupted. Nothing worked except deleting and reinstalling. I thought it odd when I saw your post because I had just finished reinstalling

Guys, PM more info on the issue and I'll see whats up on the retail side. There have'nt ben any glitches on the corporate side so I'm not sure if its a product specifc issue or not.

New engine won't be released until April so its not that. Yesterday's Dat was fairly normal as far as I've heard....
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Guys, PM more info on the issue and I'll see whats up on the retail side. There have'nt ben any glitches on the corporate side so I'm not sure if its a product specifc issue or not.

New engine won't be released until April so its not that. Yesterday's Dat was fairly normal as far as I've heard....

I'm fine since I did the uninstall/reinstall. Strange Chris had the same problem on the same day.