daytripper419

Protec and audibles

Hello I am looking at getting a half shell protec helmet for the upcoming season. I was wandering if anyone has any experience putting a audible in one of these. Are there external audibles or can you mount a solo dytter somewhere in there other than next to your ear. Does it absoloutely have to be next to your ear or if mounted somewhere else can you hear it. I don't currently jump with a dytter and don't think I need it blaring in my ear just loud enough to give heads up. Any experienced advice is greatly appreciated.

I don't think that the half shell Protec will accept an audible. Any audible has to be located by you ear as they're not very loud to start with. You can fit an audible in the standard Protec, inside the ear hole. Be sure to face the sounding hole toward your ear.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

I don't think that the half shell Protec will accept an audible.

Sure it will - you just have to mount the keeper on the Y-strap as it goes past the ear. And be sure to use the bungees to keep that dytter in the keeper and not just rely on the clips at each end... :PB|

You can do the same on a goggle strap... if you really want to.

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

I don't think that the half shell Protec will accept an audible.

Sure it will - you just have to mount the keeper on the Y-strap as it goes past the ear. And be sure to use the bungees to keep that dytter in the keeper and not just rely on the clips at each end... :PB|

You can do the same on a goggle strap... if you really want to.

worked for me for about 4 years. always heard it, never lost it. i mounted the holder to the y straps with zipties, then clipped the dytter in, then reinforced that with a zip tie that could be undone. i only had to take it out to change batteries though, as the controls were accessible while it was mounted.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001