purplened

Mirage Owners

AND - as he said... Mirage owners tend to be a pain in the butt - like Volvo owners...:P (Could not resist)

Ouch, us Volvo driving mirage owners take offense to that.:P

To the OP:
I got a used mirage and I have loved it ever since. The only time I ever had an issue with it was when I was trying to demo my (relatively small) reserve when PD was in town. Their closing loop comes out of the bottom of the flap and not the backpad like you see on Jav's and Wings (which is normally a feature I like). Because of this, I couldn't shorten the closing loop enough to put any force on the pin. The solution was to hold it closed the whole ride up.:S

As long as you keep the size of canopies you reasonable to the manufacture’s instructions, I don't think you'll have a problem and will absolutely love the rig.

My first rig was a used G3 that had about 400 jumps on it and it looked new when I got it. I put about 900 jumps on it and it looked the same when I sold it as when I bought it.

My current rig is a G4 I bought new about a year and a half ago and I got it in 3 weeks. I've put almost 1000 jumps on it out in the desert and aside from the white parts being a bit dirty it's in great shape. (I bought a rig with white all over it that I jump in the southwest because sometimes I have trouble controlling my inner imbecile.)

It's a very comfortable rig and the flaps and main handle are bulletproof. I would buy another one, I just don't have much need for another rig right now.

every voodoo owner I know has never thought of switching, but I myself am a vector man. I can see how the wait can be bs and aggrivating. This is my opinion, v3, mirage, voodoo, wings, infinty. They are all solid rigs, and everyone I have seen that owns them loves them. I am a picky gear owner, and these are all good to me even though others may not agree. good luck.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

I've owned a Mirage G4 for about 3 years and it has about 800 jumps on it. I think it still looks great and the construction of it has held up awesome, no issues. My rig is mostly black with some lime green and purple on it and the lime green has started to fade a little. -- I would put that under normal wear and tear though --
I have no problem with a wrinkly reserve pack, or I should say my rigger doesn't have any problem with it.
I own a MXS and absolutely love having the short option, my rig is still as comfortable as the day I bought it. :)