scaryshari

Pushing My Buttons

This is a degreed chemical engineer I'm ranting about.....

I consider myself a patient person and have a good temperament.

I’m about to lose it though, as I am completely bewildered with one of my co-worker’s wickedly idiotic behavior. I simply just don’t get it. She’s very book smart, but has about as much common sense as a box of rocks. Please tell me/coach me on how to keep a straight face and not say something sarcastic/mean in the following scenarios:

1. Hey, ___ you have a phone call on Line 1. I hear rustling in her office, dropping the phone, etc, so I go and take a peek. She still hasn’t answered the line. I told her “press the button that says Line 1.” Still, no result. “Okay, push the button that is lit up.” No result. “Push the green button.” STILL NOTHING! I ended up picking up her line and giving her the phone.
2. She came to me one day last week and said her printer wouldn’t work. So I had a look. Walking towards her office, I’m thinking “it better not be turned off.” Lo and behold the freaking printer is “off.” I grit my teeth, take a breath and tell her as politely as I can, “you gotta turn the power on.” She replied “I know, but the paper tray light was on and I couldn’t make it turn off.” I look at her in disbelief and pray that the paper tray is full. NO!!! it’s freakin empty!! I POLITELY told her that the paper tray light would always stay on and the printer would never work if there’s no paper in it.
3. She called me this morning and asked for my boss. I told her he was out for the next few days. 24 minutes later she called and asked for him again.

Do you think there’s a hidden camera somewhere?

How the hell does someone like this survive?

HOW WOULD YOU NOT BUST OUT LAUGHING? No, there’s no learning disability, etc…she’s just doing stupid stuff.

is

NO!!! I'M THE BLONDE ONE!! Isn't that crazy? It's my job to put white out on my computer screen, etc..

The worst thing about this morning is that after she called the FIRST time, I told my colleague that she actually didn't say anything stupid.

.....then she called back....UGH!!!!

is

Ok #3 is cracking me up!!!!!!!!

I deal with a woman at work who could not figure out... oh wait..mind you she is a programmer.... that you cannot attach a folder to an email message.. it has to be zipped or the files in the folder sent. Yes, my mother might not know this...but a programmer??

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

How the hell does someone like this survive?

People like you, obviously, make her survival possible.... Looks like there are gonna be some frustrating days ahead for you. YIKES!

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I could rip her freaking head off!

Oh my I understand that feeling today. There is nothing that anyone can do right today. Nothing.

Unfortunately, I know it's mostly me, but I'd sure rather be able to rationally blame it on others.>:(

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I could rip her freaking head off!

Oh my I understand that feeling today. There is nothing that anyone can do right today. Nothing.

Unfortunately, I know it's mostly me, but I'd sure rather be able to rationally blame it on others.>:(

Wendy W.

C'mon Wendy!!!

* Blame it on the new guy.

* Blame it on someone who is not there to defend themselves.

* Blame it on men in general.

Walt

NO!!! I'M THE BLONDE ONE!! Isn't that crazy? It's my job to put white out on my computer screen, etc..

The worst thing about this morning is that after she called the FIRST time, I told my colleague that she actually didn't say anything stupid.

.....then she called back....UGH!!!!

She is faking it.:ph34r:

Try this -
Get an image from one of those "For Dummies" how to books and replace the subject with "Common Sense"

And just
leave it on her desk -

:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well, there's the asshole who sold me the car and never filed the paperwork; the jerk who pressured me to come up with a time to come in; the stupid people in our subdivision who haven't paid any attention to what's going on for the last 10 years and are now angry because they just found out our perimeter fence is failing; the contractor who is never quick to respond to me, but for damn sure expects me to be quick to respond to him

and I'm just getting started. I haven't even mentioned SC yet :ph34r:. I need to be queen today. All hail and kowtow to Wendy.

And Shari -- I'll give you your thread back now. She sounds like a real winner. Just remember the diagnosis: PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and computer).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, there's the asshole who sold me the car and never filed the paperwork; the jerk who pressured me to come up with a time to come in; the stupid people in our subdivision who haven't paid any attention to what's going on for the last 10 years and are now angry because they just found out our perimeter fence is failing; the contractor who is never quick to respond to me, but for damn sure expects me to be quick to respond to him

and I'm just getting started. I haven't even mentioned SC yet :ph34r:. I need to be queen today. All hail and kowtow to Wendy.

And Shari -- I'll give you your thread back now. She sounds like a real winner. Just remember the diagnosis: PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and computer).

Wendy W.

Wendy -

You ok?

We're getting a little worried.:|

:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know, I thought perhaps she's just a bit intimidated and wants attention by way of asking questions - but, I've come to the conclusion that she's not bright enough to even have that line of thinking.

I want to be an engineer when I grow up:D

Uh oh...just kidding. No flaming please.:P

is