Baksteen

Tell me about your canopy...

Dennis

See if I am translating this correctly:

Categorie VI (wingload&sqft = ongelimiteerd,
>1000 sprongen)

ongelimiteerd=unlimited?

Very interesting link, thanks for sharing that. I learned something!!!

Hope you hve as much fun looking for a canopy as I did. I tried a lot before buying my Fusion. I believe L.O. said it best, Demo until you find your soul mate!!

Take care

Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

ongelimiteerd=unlimited?

I had overlooked that one, but yes, that is correct.

Even the preselecting, simply looking up the different canopies on the manufacturer's sites was loads of fun - as is this thread.

I can't wait for this bad weather we're having to be over, so i can get down to business...:)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Blue skies and dont forget to tell us your choice.

Like any true skydiver I planned the one thing and did the other.
I finally settled on a PD Storm 190, which is like a snappy Spectre (I made +/- 20 jumps on a Spectre 190). The fact that the canopy is brand new means that I'm going to curse my main after every jump as well as a lot of cheap entertainment for my friends who can watch me struggle with putting it in the bag, but so be it - my time will come.
And it did me the world of good that the experienced jumper who took pity on me and helped me put it in the bag couldn't do it in one go either :D

The rest of my gear is a ten year old second hand Javelin without RSL.
I know, there are a gazillion of reasons to have an RSL and if you think very hard maybe one or two not to have one. Still, the absence of an RSL is not going to be the only factor that keeps me from buying a rig, stubborn as that may sound in the face of the good advice that Saskia and Marij ngave me last weekend.

Reserve. PD160R. I thought very long and hard about this, asking the opinion of several instructors who know me well, some experienced jumpers and no less than four seperate riggers. All told me that the 160 was suitable for my weight, experience and the main I was thinking of getting.
I had hoped that I could demo the PD160R during the demo weekend in Teuge, but the PD-rep didn't have a reserve of that size.

AAD: Cypres2.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom