daytripper419

Fusion VS Sabre/Safire

I have searched for reviews on the fusion as well as all the reviews on safire and sabre (2's). There is alot of information to absorb. I was wandering from people who have flown these canopies if there is really that much difference between Fusion and the others in that class(Sabre2,safire2,pilot). With the low cost of a fusion I am really considering this for my next canopy. Not gonna be changing for quite awhile so resale issues are not a concern. I like aggresive flying up high and fun safe landings. I also realize demoing is a good resource but since it is 20 below zero here today I thought this would be a good start. Thanx in advance for any helpful advice and happy new year!

I've jumped a 190 in all three and found the fusion to be the softest opening of the bunch. It is very forgiving to packing mistakes. The fusion was also more on heading at opening.

In terms of performance (turning, flaring, etc.) I found them all to be similar. You won't go wrong with any of the three in my opinion.
Scars remind us that the past is real

Justin

I have had two Fusions and love the canopy. I tend to like to fly like you, bust it up top then bring it in for a nice soft landing. The Fusion has been really good to me in that aspect. The flying up top is responsive and fun and the landings have been the best out of any canopy I have jumped. Demo one when you get the chance, I think you will like it. I have tried the Sabre II (got spanked on opening)and owned an older Safire (took forever to open) so I decided to get the Fusion. I bought a Fusion 170 that was lightly used last summer and just recently sold it so I can get a brand new one (my x-mas present!!) Thanks to Dr. Steve I can actually get the thing in the bag. I have packed it five times now and all have gone well for a brand new canopy. You cant go wrong with it and like you said, it costs less so you can jump more!!!!! If you need any more info PM me!

Have fun freezing your butt off! Hope it gets warm up there soon so you can jump!

Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!