Mac

UK Historical Financial Information

I am in the process of trying to collate historical information year by year (2002 - 2005) on the following for the UK:

GDP %
Inflation
Interest Rates
Unemployment as % of population
National Average House price

I have looked over various sites and searches trying to find this data but I am being bogged down in many many documents.

Does anyone else here know of any of these stats or know where I can easily access them? I have trawled through the FT.com and national stats sites but these figures seem to be harder to find than I thought....

Thanks to anyone in advance that can help collate this information

Cheers!

Michael

I've found yahoo finance quite helpful at times and I think it was the Bank of England or Office for National Statistics which had inflation and interest downloadable in .csv format, I think unemployment was there too. They were just straightforward very long lists of rates on a monthly basis since the 1950s.

House prices, try Nationwide Building society or Halifax, although they may not be downloadable just java things for you to check by how much your house has gained in value (or not!)

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Thanks for your reply....

I find it frustrating I can find tables of what I want year on year for the US and Kazakhstan, but cant find the same simple tables for the UK – looks like I have to wade through all the documents / links ….. No lazy way at all! :o)

Thanks again for your help

Michael