adventurechick

Would you Date a Whuffo??

My wife is a whuffo but she loves the sport so much that she goes out to the DZ with me and hangs out. She has no desirer to jump but loves to take pictures of everybody and their landings so much so that they made her an honorary jumper and the official ground photographer. Would I date a Whuffo yes you might get lucky and meet one that turns out as great as mine.
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

Dating a skydiver now, but if I were single, I would date a whuffo if he could respect the time and energy I put into the sport and wasn't uncomfortable with the DZ environment. That's the big thing - if I were dating someone who was uncomfortable with me participating in the flirting and banter and sexual innuendo that's part of life on the DZ... it wouldn't work out. Also, I'd need to date someone who has their own interests, whatver they may be, and whether they be "extreme" or not.

Bottom line, as long as there's mutual respect, there's a good foundation for a relationship.

I'd also want to be very sure that if I were dating a whuffo and he wanted to get into the sport, that he wanted to do so on his own terms, not because he thought I wanted him to. I see too many people get into this sport to please an SO... and though many end up finding a real love for the sport themselves, others worry me.[:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I really enjoy dating someone who I have a lot in common with. I would date someone who didn't jump, but it's a lot more fun dating someone I can skydive with, ride motorcycles and bicycles with, camp with, cook with and ALL that.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Don't know what you are talking about

I can see the IP address and the person who shares the same IP address. It's not Cocheese it is wrong of you to imply you are him in your profile. In addition, it is also against the rules to create new user accounts. You can either cease using this new account or I'll just ban you from the forum. Take your pick.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't know what you are talking about

I can see the IP address and the person who shares the same IP address. It's not Cocheese it is wrong of you to imply you are him in your profile. In addition, it is also against the rules to create new user accounts. You can either cease using this new account or I'll just ban you from the forum. Take your pick.

Oooh...someone got on Mama's bad side. :ph34r: Go get him Mama. :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

My hottie salesman is a whuffo, and doesn't have the balls to jump out of planes... It's OK though. We have other interests that keep us talking. So, yes, I'd date a whuffo.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

We have a privacy policy, so I can't you who it is.

He picked a bad day to break the rules. I have a hangover. I'm not putting up with anyone's shit today. Anyone want to test me on that? I'm ready. :P
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We have a privacy policy, so I can't you who it is.

He picked a bad day to break the rules. I have a hangover. I'm not putting up with anyone's shit today. Anyone want to test me on that? I'm ready. :P

Ooooh....I'm SO in need of a good forkin' ... Bitch. >:(

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Trying hard to do anything but classwork so here's my 0.02: Why not date a whuffo? Have you dated a skydiver and realised OMG they understand me sooooo much better than anyone else ever has? I'm guessing you dated non-skydiving boys before you became a skydiver and were the same person then as you are now, except now you have realised that dream of jumping. I do agree with what that man said - you still only have a few jumps (so do I - so I feel okay to comment) its not yet your 'life' as you proved by saying you are involved in many other activities (which is awesome). Why would a snowboarder or paraglider or diver or non-extreme guy not understand that you enjoy jumping just because they don't? And unless you date a skydiver at the same or near the same level as you, they will view your skydiving as different to theirs - just like we might view students with 2 jumps as different, someone who jumps competitvely or is an instructor will view your understanding and experience of skydiving as different, so the immediate understanding that you might be expecting doesn't necessarily exist.

Right now isn't it so much more about jumping and progressing then who you are dating. Also if you date someone at your DZ and breakup (life could get *interesting*), and then just to throw it out - skydiving is a smallish community what happens if you fall for his friend? If you limit yourself to skydivers its going to happen - why not date whomever as long as they treat you well, respect your choice to skydive, and oh yeah... are hot :P

Just remember.......whuffo or not......the only thing that matters is that he respects you and supports your decisions........when it boils down to it....just make sure that he treats you WELL........although a skydiver boyfriend would be pretty cool;););)

Soooo,how ya doin'?;)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

your such a horn dog :D

How would you know?FYI,I believe in quality
over quanity.Can I help it that she's a local?

I just stalk others 'cause its fun:)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Ooooh....I'm SO in need of a good forkin' ... Bitch.

I don't think you really mean it. Instead of forking you, I think I should sentence you to welcoming all the newbies for a week. That'll teach ya. :P

I've been dating a whuffo for 2 years now. Like others have said, it can work if he has something in his life that keeps him busy and not asking you to stay home from the dz on the weekends. He should show an interest in what you are doing and learn about the sport so you can have conversations about him with it. And, he should also be secure in your relationship so he won't obsess over all the men you will be around at the dz. Finding someone who treats you with kindness and respect should concern you more than if he is a skydiver or not.

Since you live in Orlando, you should take the guys you are interested in to the tunnel. It's the next best thing and they will at least understand a little more about what you have to do in the air.