sundevil777

I remember why I don't like basketball

The end of the Suns vs Lakers game was ridiculous.

The way they decide what is a foul is stupid. You can shove and push a guy with your pelvis all you want, shove with your arm against the back of a guy, but go toward the basket, and the refs will call a foul on a hair trigger figuring that somebody must have fouled. The end of the suns vs lakers game today was awful, Nash was asaulted just before the end of the 4th period, but no foul, and at the end of the overtime, he was being shoved, pushed and hacked all at the same time, but no foul, a jump ball instead.

It is a commonly known tradition to "let them play" near the end of the game - basically don't call fouls because they don't want the game decided upon fouls. How stupid.

Pro basketball sucks. Maybe a penalty box like hockey would be better. There are often a third of the points scored by foul shots, is that supposed to be part of an exciting game?

I only care enough about it to not want the lakers to win.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

This is why I still strongly prefer the college game, even as it has become more commercialized over the years.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke