lisamariewillbe

Help from Doctors (and possibly lawyers?) on here....

Then she most likely had a CT Scan which should not cost anywhere near $3700. Like, NtheSeaorSky said, I hope with her type of injury they did not do the CT Scan with Contrast. In this case, they would be looking for bleeding which would be a CT Scan w/o contrast. The cost should be just a few hundred dollars.

Chris

it doesnt say contrast its just ct w/cont but what about if they did it on the body as well? I dont know maybe because of the injury they checked more, I will find out once I get the records. I just know I didnt have a IV and I am pretty sure that I didnt drink anything I would say I am positive but the memory isnt strong of that day and I am grateful I had someone there to remember for me. The medicines are what are getting to me. I just did not get them, not in a IV , not in pills (besides vicodin) and not in samples.

Ill know everything once I get the records, and the insurance company will get the records also so if its not in there they wont pay for it. Hell at this point I think all of Dublin gets a copy of my medical records[:/]
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Remember that hospital procedures vary from state to state and hospital to hospital.
medical malpractice

As far as the charges for items that you said you didn't receive try and remember if you refused before or after they prepped the I.V.'s for the intent of giving them to you. If you refused after then yes can charge for those items, but it must be documented in their notes PT REFUSED and what it was you refused. Ask for your records to be sent to your Primary care Physician and then go from there. If they noted you had all of what they said you did then a record of times, amounts, initials of person giving meds, lot numbers, etc are logged for tracking usage. Hope that helps.
I am so glad I work in a type of old fashion medical practice that we puts patients first instead of money. Heck, we still do house calls on a weekly basis for our patients who can't come in do to age or illness.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Well I wont jump the malpractice thing just yet. Right now Im assuming its a billing / coding error. Ive only briefly talked to a nurse. I do know that anytime I go to a doctor one of the first things I tell them is no needles.... thats generally a PERIOD NONE NEVER ....unless they knock me out. I dont know about the ambulance but know that it was not prepped for in the ER in any way. That also would not explain the fact they say they actually pricked me a few times.... granted they are cheap per try but still
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I would definitely dispute the charges. But do not bring up the angle where you say ...'my doctor says that amount of medicine would be considered an overdose....' cus I have been in emergency medicine for nearly 20 yrs and being a migraine sufferer I can tell pain overrides the effectiveness of meds sometimes and what may normally be an overdose....well...during a pain filled episode may not even touch the pain.[:/]

Take an angle you will win from. Not that one. The fact that you walked out of there will cause you to lose that fight.

But DO deny the charges for venipuncture and IV solutions and meds/services you did not receive.

Just my 2 cents.
Let's have fun! :)