brierebecca

stupid weather....

The weather for this weekend has been posted on weather.com....it's supposed to rain. And I'm supposed to get married in the plane at Thomaston and jump out on Saturday.

I woke up really nervous this morning. Somehow I knew something was wrong.

This is really just a pity post. Please send vibes to the weather gods to give us some sun on Saturday!

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

That totally majorly STINKS. I'll send some super mega-vibes down there...maybe enough sunshine will poke through the clouds to give you the dreamy ceremony you've been envisioning.

Just remember:

-Dirtdive the ceremony
-Plan the marriage, then stay married to the plan
"DOOR!!!"

I am doing the anti-rain dance for you in my cubicle. I can't understand why people keep walking by and laughing at me. :|

Brie, I hope the weather turns around for you guys. And just remember... you still have each other and that day is all about love... you can always make the jump later. Sorry hon. [:/]

I hope the skies clear for you. Even if it does rain, just have a laugh, make the best of it and remember that no wedding goes perfectly to plan. :)
I got married in botanical gardens in FL on a summer afternoon. Right after the ceremony, a typical FL afternoon thunderstorm rolled in. Everyone ran into the tent we had decorated for a sit-down dinner. The only problem was that the tent leaked and some of our guests got absolutely soaked at their tables! Fortunately, we had an open bar so as people got drunk, they cared less about how wet they were and had a great time.

So, there's a lesson for you...have extra alcohol just in case! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Accuweather for Saturday:

Sun, some clouds with a thundershower possible in the afternoon. Winds from the SSW at 10 mph.

Which means it wont rain ALL day... you're just excited and nervous.. you know your day is going to be perfect! Smile sweetie!! :)

Hey Sweetie---

No worries!!!!!!! Everything is perfect. I will send God an email today requesting the sunshine ;).

I just checked the weather.com site and it said isolated t-storms--isolated...only 30% chance of that even happening. F*ck the weather man--they are wrong 50% of the time, every time.. hee hee.

Anyway, just visualize how beautiful and perfect your jump is going to be-- puffy white clouds way off in the distance and the warm golden rays of the sun peaking through those clouds--it will be as if God Himself painted the perfect altar for your wedding ceremony.

PS--we are going to have a blast!!!!!!

Mel

The day I was to get married and jump out of a plane.... we woke up to 700 foot ceiling. I remember standing in the airport (not a dropzone) talking to Skydive Illinois begging him to bring the plane anyway cause it might clear up. Poor man on the other end of the phone.

The bored girls working there pulled some planes out of the hanger and setup an alter and seats and even played fancy music. We married at the nose of a jet airplane with the sound of rain hitting the hanger roof. Even wore our bride/groom jumpsuits...

edited to add: don't cry if it rain or your nose wil be red in the pictures!!! :S

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Ahh, sweetie, don’t be anxious. Your wedding is going to be perfect because you are marrying the man that you will be spending the rest of your life with. The jump may or may not go as planned [I can never seem to plan a jump ahead of time myself]. But that’s not the important part. No matter what the weather does this weekend, you will have wonderful memories of the day. In fact, weddings that go too smoothly just aren’t as memorable.

But I do have to agree, weather is stupid...
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Thanks to all of you for your support! I really hope the weather report is wrong. If it's not, we'll still have a great time at whirly ball and at Skydive Atlanta on saturday. The moonwalks show up at three!

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I am hoping the weather will be fine..

On a side note.. I am not sure what is going on with the Farm Plane heading over there on Saturday..

But I will be driving my Van (7 Passenger Comfortably, 9 not so comfortably) from the Farm to SDA Saturday Afternoon. If anyone from the Farm needs a Ride, Let me know. (Scantily clad women got first dibs!!:P)