mdrejhon

Rainbow Boogie 2006 -- World's First Gay Day at a Skydiving Dropzone (Montreal, July 28-31)

Hey Mark!

Looking forward to meeting (and signing with) you.

I'm already registered! and now shopping for flight bargains... I'll be there even if I have to ride my bike from Seattle!

That's a great logo!!! Anybody working on making a sew-on patch of that globe design? I think it would sell like hotcakes! I know i'd buy a handful!

See you there!

Magggott
~Maggott
__________________________________________________________________________________
"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?"

CanPara now delivered to CSPA members... advertisement on Page 9 and an article about Rainbow Boogie on page 28. Just so that you all know!

For those of you who have not contacted me yet about your airplane flight plans, please contact me or through the registration form.... And let me know if you need carpool arrangements. Thanks! (This will save me from having to email or make a phone call -- something I'll do to those of you who registered but haven't yet responded... ;))

I am talking to Kirsten Johnson this month about setting up a calendar of events for our boogie...

That's a great logo!!! Anybody working on making a sew-on patch of that globe design? I think it would sell like hotcakes! I know i'd buy a handful!

I'm looking into this now - looking for an inexpensive Canadian patch printer to make about 100 or 200 of these 2.5 or 3 inch logos patches. I could use one of these to sew on my jumpsuit.

I received a realy neat Katana luggage tag with my Katana purchase and I intend to ask PD when they come to TX where they had them made. I think the logo on the luggage tag would be neat

I think patches would be a more popular request, unless you have ideas that allows the same patch to be converted into a luggage tag -- multiple uses for the same patch would help sell it. :)

These seem to all be the same business, with same price lists:

www.patches4less.com
www.perfectpatches.com
www.wholesale-patches.com

Seems to do quite a lot of business. I'll probably be ordering a batch of 200 sometime this week. (3" circular iron-on or ordinary patches). Same logo as the avatar.

Anyone else who can recommend a good inexpensive T-Shirt printer that uses high quality cotton T-shirt material? Navy-blue T-shirts seem to be a popular request -- big logo at the back, small logo on breast on front (with small "RAINBOW BOOGIE" text). I'd like to get a quantity printed, so that I can sell them to Rainbow Boogie visitors at affordable prices, while still paying for the costs of the boogie.

I've already spent a thousand dollars out of my pocket :o, in addition to sponsor revenues, so sales will help :)
Edit: What do you think of this T-Shirt design:
http://www.t-shirt.ca/viewproduct.aspx?ProductID=236
My friend just recommended this tonight. I'd use silkscreen printing for the Rainbow Boogie logo -- full back and mini front chest logo. (8 colors, quantity of 72 to begin with). I can only stick to one design, otherwise it gets too expensive. A different friend recommended navy blue because that color sells well, but it's a bit more expensive and such a dark color heats up a little bit during mid-summer. Decisions, decisions!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

The embroidered patches (circle logo) have now been ordered and the TShirts are being made this week! (See images of TShirt and patch)

Also, the supporters and donation web page is now up!   Images of the Official Rainbow Boogie patch and T-Shirts are now up too, if you would like to purchase some at the boogie.

Supporters and donation page:
[B]www.rainbowskydive.com/supporters.html[/B]

You can also go to this web address to donate to cover Rainbow Boogie costs. T-Shirts are also available free with a donation, too! I spent over $1000 out of my pocket above and beyond sponsor revenues (and hundreds ofhours unpaid volunteer time!) - ouch - to start throwing this wonderful party!  You even saw the magazine ad in the June issues ofskydiving magazines - I even paid for those out of my pocket to recruit more skydivers!  :-) We got over 100 registered now - with 50+ confirmations of airfare purchased and carpoolers. (Goal: 100+ attendance), some from overseas. Hope the weather's good - I want to make this first Rainbow Boogie a BLAST...

You can even have your name in lights on this webpage too, with your photo!

Don't forget to be at the Rainbow Boogie from Thu/Fri July 27 or 28 all the way to Mon July 31 if you can afford the time - less than two months away!