Gravitymaster

Great Illusion

The next time you watch it notice that there is a camera change about 2 seconds before she gets "cut." There is another camera change just before her toes wiggle after the "cut," and gee, why does that torso running away on it's hands look so bulky?

I saw this the other day on some website. The guy has another video where he walks on water :S

Criss Angel annoys the crap out of me. Nothing he does is really all that cool. But knowing this crowd, a statement like that could get this thread moved to SC. :S

So hes not really Jesus then?

Edit: Your sig bugs the crap out of me. I always read it twice because of the word "read." Why isnt it spelt red or whatever, i dont know

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

So not only is my spelling wrong, but if i turn into a gnostic catholic person thingy i have to eat bread pretending its the body of christ, drink some wine pretending its blood and then finish the proceedings with a ripe fart of flame and destruction?

Religion just got interesting!

Edit: For the record im not a "limey bastard" thats too american, spell it how it sounds. Im a "limey Barstard"

Its attitudes like yours that makes me glad we willingly gave you your country back, ungrateful wanker! :ph34r::ph34r:

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

sorry that you don't like criss angel but i think he is awesome - some stuff you can catch on to but others there are just no explanation for - i think he is great at what he does - definitely worth watching his show more than once
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Let's just say that Criss Angel uses methods that wouldn't work in front of a 'real' audience. It's great that he's getting people into magic, but a lot (most) of his stuff is only good for TV purposes.

Gotcha, I thopught this was a video of an actual illusion in front of a live audience.

Criss Angel's show "MindFreak" is excellent. He's a consummate showman and crowd controller--working the set up and standing back when the unbelievable occurs. Notice all the reaction shots they include from the bystanders? I love it. First off, everyone on the 'set' is a confederate--everyone is involved in the ruse. There are no 'bystanders' they're all working to heighten the reality of it. Secondly, the event is a construct--timing edits, camera angles and staging for optimal shock. In the body separation trick, I do believe the woman walking on two arms is real (birth defect)--but not the same one pulled apart (notice they barely showed her face as she walked away on her arms.) Often, if the trick is particularly dramatic, you get a quick shot of it, then cut to reaction shots. At the turn of the century the Great Houdini would have a band or orchestra start playing louder towards the height of his trick. For build up, Houdini once had a brick wall erected on stage long before his act. During the act the partial curtain closed then, moments later, opened and Houdini appeared on the other side of the wall. The audience was astounded. What they didn't know was the night before, Houdini cut out the wooden floor beneath the wall and pulled the carpet down, permitting him, on stage, to slip under the wall.

You're always the starter in your own life!