Cashmanimal

Jumpsuit dye

A while back I posted asking if it were feasible to dye a jumpsuit, as I had recently purchased one and wanted to dye it to match like everything else.

The jumpsuit is a navy blue Tony Suit. I set it in a bucket with a double-strong batch of black dye for twice the required amount of time, and the only parts that came out an even remotely different color were the tag (which is a fantastic black now) and the booties (which are just, fairly black).

I called Tony suits, but they are closed. I was really wanting this done by tomorrow... is there a technique I missed or am unaware of? Is this just something that is not possible? (I received so many repies saying it was possible, I got my hopes all up!)

Thanks for any help....
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Did you use an acid based or the water based? If you used the cheap Rit dye unless you have a poly cotton suit it does'nt really work. Nylon suits need special dyes to really take. If you need it by tomorrow you are pretty much SOL.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com