lawrocket

Lost on the Moon Test

NASA didnt make this test.....Some of these 'correct' answers dont make sense...

I'm glad someone said this. I'm picturing some poor sucker wrapped in a silk sheet tied to a bunch of useless shit and flying in circles like a cosmic casper the ghost.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

The .45 if fired would propel you backward in the low gravity zero atmosphere environment of the moon. Its the for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction idea. I suppose depending on what type of .45 the kick of one gun or both guns fired together could be enough to get you going places.

I didn't do too well on this test because I overthought some things. But I thought I'd see what y'all thought.

Your spaceship has just crashed on the moon. You were scheduled to rendezvous with a mother ship 200 miles away on the lighted surface of the moon, but the rough landing has ruined your ship and destroyed all the equipment on board except for the 15 items listed below.

Your crew's survival depends on reaching the mother ship, so you must choose the most critical items available for the 200-mile trip.

Your task is to rank the 15 items in terms of their importance for survival. Place a number 1 by the most important item, number 2 by the second most important, and so on, through number 15, the least important. Explain your reasons for ranking as you did.

_15__ Box of matches - no oxygen on the moon

_4__ Food concentrate - need energy for long walk

_6__ 50 feet of nylon rope - navigate rough terrain, pull your raft with it.

_8__ Parachute silk - maybe use as shelter from sun.

_10__ Solar-powered portable heating unit - seems like the sun would be plenty hot... gotta rank it.

_11__ Two .45­caliber pistols - to play with when boredome sets in, or to shoot the weak.

_9__ One case of dehydrated milk - for the momma's boys that start whining about the walk.

_1__ Two 100-pound tanks of oxygen - critical to survive

_3__ Stellar map (of the moon's constellations) - need to know how to get to mother ship.

_7__ Self-inflating life raft - can put people and supplies in it - it's weightless.

_14__ Magnetic compass - won't work on the moon...

_2__ 5 gallons of water - critical to survive

_12__ Signal flares - need oxygen, worthless

_13__ First-aid kit containing injection needles - threaten to stab someone in the ass to keep them moving, maybe? Worthless.

_5__ Solar-powered FM receiver-transmitter - when on the lit side of the moon, radio for help.

Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

I suppose depending on what type of .45 the kick of one gun or both guns fired together could be enough to get you going places.

Considering 'we' need to walk 200 miles... does a few feet really matter that much? I say we keep it in case of moon bears. :D

J
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

If you let it, a .45 could kick you a couple of feet on Earth. With the decreased gravity on the moon it would probably get you significantly further.

Of course, you run into the problem that the bullet might go all the way around the moon and come back and hit you. :o:D