bigway

Death Of George Bush(uk)

Did anyone see this movie last night here in the UK?
I missed it as i did not know it was on so am wondering if it is worth downloading?
As i was flying to the states last month it aused a hell of a stir in the papers, just wondering if it was all worth it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I watched it. Being an American in U.K. presents an interesting perspective.

This is a formulatic storyline plot which is very predictable. I got the impression that the writers would have liked to think they were penning a cliff hanger who dunnit on the deeply burried subplot of "who is the shooter", but it did not play that way.

As an American and ex-military Vietnam veteran I believe I have some latitude to offer an opinion on the piece from a been there done that perspective. On the whole I thought it was very Michael Moore-ish "Let's bash the establishement" and somewhat anti-American and lastly anti-Bush.

I agree with those that say this was in very bad taste and that the message could have been delivered in many other ways. I agree with those who say that freedom of expression allows for such bad taste.

I do believe wholeheartedly that I enjoy this and other freedoms because men and women dedicate their lives or portions of their lives to securing those freedoms. I therefore have a tendency to be tolerant and forgiving of mistakes that those people may make, because, after all, like me they are human and prone to be susceptible to that frailty.

I would recommend that if you are looking for something to occupy your time and entertain you, this is not a film worth watching. If on the other hand you want to get a sense of what serves for political cartoonage on 4, give it a look.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.