Michele

ITV/Distance Education?

Has anyone done the ITV education stuff? I am considering taking a prerequisite via ITV in an 8 week class (end of October through the end of the semester), because if I don't take it now, I'll have to take it next semester, and I've already got next semester's classes lined up and it's pretty intense. So I'd rather do it now, and get it over with.

It's an easy course - Psychology (Life Span), and while it's truncated, it's also ITV, so I won't have to get into a classroom.

So does anyone have any feedback on the value of ITV, and/or the whole concept of distance learning? There are some classes I will never take via distance learning (i.e. maths, chemistry, physiology...I need hands on there), but some classes seem attractive to me (i.e. english, psych, sociology [lower class]). It's also less expensive.

So I was curious to hear any comments regarding it's efficacy, it's accessibility, and the benefits/drawbacks you might've encountered, either from the student or instructor.

Thanks in advance!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I'm actually doing my MBA online. It's a good program, not just what I always thought of as a mail-it-in diploma from those commercials on TV. I'm actually taking it via University of Houston - a fully accredited university. It's great for me since I travel so much and couldn't be in a classroom as much as I would need to in order to get through the whole program.

It can be very difficult when there are things you don't understand - but if you are in a good program you can usually set up an appointment with the professor to go over anything in person - that was all that saved me during my Statistics class - God that was HELL.

The worst part about these classes is that some of these professors want you to experience group dynamics so they make you do these group projects - not unlike the live courses - but having to connect with students you have never met and work with them on a project can be a strain.

I'd say to look into the specific program and see if you can talk to people who have taken those courses - you know, just like back in high school where everyone knew who the good math teachers were.
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!