Kid_Icarus

I'm goin to Albuquerque.... what's fun to do?

You just missed the huge Hot Air Balloon Festival!

Check out:
Pueblo Indian Museum
Tram to top of Sandia at sunset (or drive up backside of mtn)
Flirt with the Chicas at the bars near U of Mex
Sell blood with the winos on Central Ave

Eat a navaho taco (bring the pepcid)

Drive up to Madrid and have some booze at the bar, and walk around Cerillos, an old mining town filmed in the Young Guns movie. If you drive up to Sandia, you continue along that road, called 'the turquoise trail' to those towns and eventually to Santa Fe.

If you have the time for a long day trip or an overniter, be sure to drive up to Taos. You can return on the back road through Truchas and Chimayo(great new mex restaurant in Chimayo!) some of the best scenic roads anywhere!
Off the main road to Taos, the Rio Grande Gorge dirt road is cool, and although there is an entrance fee to Taos Pueblo, it is awesome!

Marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

We don't do it every week, but usually on Tuesdays a bunch of the local jumpers get together at Monte Vista Fire Station for $0.15 chicken wings and a frosty beverage. PM me if you want details. I'm not particularly fond of New Mexico myself, so I'm afraid I don't have anything else for you at the moment.
~skysprite