Mattias

Rigger in Exile/Rigger in England wanting a hand?

This is a strange one but bear with me.

I have moved country but would like to keep my rigger skills up to date. I was wondering if a rigger in the Southwest of England (not too far from Bristol) would be willing to take me under a wing as a (reserve)packslave.

I have been Swedish Senior Rigger since 2000 and can pack most riggs, not Tandem or one pin teardrop however I could learn. I do know how to make minor repairs to canopies and minor repairs and modifications to riggs.

Also I am not expecting to take it up as a full time job as a am currently employed otherwise and can only pack on saturdays and sundays.

If you are a rigger looking for some help or know of a rigger looking for a hand please send a PM or post a reply here.

Best Regards:
Mattias Devlin
Swedish Parachuting Association; K-148
www.sff.se

Mattias,

I know the guy who's about to start work as the full time Rigger at Netheravon (the Army Parachute Association's main UK DZ), which isn't TOO far from Bristol.
I'll mention this to him and see what he says. I'd suggest he may need time to get his feet under the table and suss out what his workload's like first, however...

Grant
Skydiving is more than a sport and more than a job: skydiving is pure passion and desire which will fill a lifetime.

Just drop a line to the different dz's on BPA website.
As Grant said closest to you is Netheravon,but there are many an hour or so extra driving.
Best of luck,hope it all works out.
Steve
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

If it all works out, I'll be expecting a couple of cheap (read "free"!) reserve repacks in return! ;)

Should be seeing George this weekend so I'll let you know what he says... if I remember to mention it! :D
Skydiving is more than a sport and more than a job: skydiving is pure passion and desire which will fill a lifetime.

I managed to email him. He said:

"It is going to be a little tough for him. He will need to convert to the BPA system, become a BPA member, do the course which includes 1 Pin Tear Drop and also 2 Pin Tear Drop which is even harder. He would then have to do another course to pack tandems."

He also didn't think given that you're a Senior Rigger, you were that experienced. I can't argue since I know nothing about that sort of thing. I think the upshot is that he's not interested. Sorry. I tried. [:/]