FlyingJ

HELP!!! Garmin Street Pilot c320 GPS - anyone have one?

Does anyone have a Garmin Street Pilot c320 or something similar? I'm trying to help my grandmother in-law (I think that's what she is) figure out this gps unit she bought and for the life of me I can't figure out how to set a waypoint.

I'm very familiar with gps use and use one every day for work. I've looked up the manual online and couldn't find anything there. I wrote to the garmin website but that will probably take a few days to get an answer.

HELP! I can't believe that someone would have made a GPS unit that won't allow you to just hit a button to set your current location as a waypoint, but as far as I can tell at the moment that's exactly what Garmin did!

jason.
Killing threads since 2004.

If its one of the driving GPS units, it probably doesn't have the features of a hiking/backpacking GPS like marking a waypoint. I have a Magellan roadmate. It'll let me save an address as "home", and save addresses to an address book, but I can't go to a location and mark it as a waypoint. My Garmin Foretrex costs 1/4 what the roadmate costs, but its got the expected waypoint/route/track features.
Why does it say "Append signature to post" when I don't have a signature?

Thanks to both of you. I was afraid of the first answer, but I know that my mom's street pilot (though several years older) allows setting of waypoints so I'm hopeful for this one.

PilotDave - thanks for the directions. I'll pass them on and hope it works on her model. Honestly she's not even going to remember when I tell her, but at least I will be able to tell those that she calls when she can't figure out how to use it.

Best,
jason.
Killing threads since 2004.