JoeG

Pics of my new (to me) Rig

Pics of my new (to me) Vector 2. I purchased it right before New Years and its finally finished after sending it to UPT for an RSL and buying an AAD.

I posted about it back in December, in this post: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2592523#2592523

I know it's not the newest rig, but the price was definitely right and it sure feels great to have my own gear. It fits surprisingly well, and yes, I have been wearing it around the house.

The areas on the back that are lighter aren't wear, but are dust. Any good ideas on how to clean it?

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of my first rig!

What do you think?

Not many people have brand new rigs for their first gear. Going on that same theory, some people wait so long just to buy a new eig when they could've just bought a cheaper rig and been paying less for their jumps, learning how to pack on THEIR canopy.. etc.

Looks good, man. I'm sure you will have a great time with it!

I looks great to me. Congratulations on your new gear! Now you're a really a skydiver.

As for cleaning, unless you want the full-meal-deal, just use a damp sponge. Notice I said "damp" not "wet", let it dry in a shaded spot with good ventilation.

The full-meal-deal is getting it washed, but that requires the main, reserve and AAD to be taken out. You might want to wait until your next repack is required and then talk with your rigger about it.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Thanks for the good vibes guys. It sure feels good to have my own. I hope to jump my ass off this year.

Now to have a decent weekend to jump.. B|

Thanks for the advice on cleaning the rig, Ian. I know I will be getting this thing dirty with my limited "landing" skills, but I like to keep things clean as much as possible.

By the way, looking at your sig line, have you read Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah?

Thanks for the good vibes guys. It sure feels good to have my own. I hope to jump my ass off this year.

Now to have a decent weekend to jump.. B|

I spent my first weekend jumping my own rig and it did indeed feel like my ass was going to fall off on monday.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.