dropdeded

Reply To Spam Mail?

If I reply to some of this spam crap, just tell em to "Fuck Off", is anyone gonna actually read it?? Or am I doing just what they want me to do. I just emptied my bulk folder and some of that stuff is so ridiculous its laughable.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Actually what you just did was confirm that it was a valid address and now they sell your address to others.

NEVER reply to Spam. It only makes the problem worse.

Havent replied just deleted (yahoo). Does just deleting verify for the shitheads???

And WHO sends this crap??

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I tracked down a TON of spam I was getting to SubscriberBase.

I called them up and had a very nice chat. They promised to remove me from their list. Then I asked the woman that answered the phone "so what's it like to work for a spammer?" She did not like that question. "We don't spam. We do permission-based direct marketing." I asked what permission-based meant, and she explained that I had given them permission to send me spam (well, she didn't call it that) when I signed up for something, such as travelocity. I told her I would never check one of those boxes that says it's ok to sell my email address or send me more information. So I asked for a list of other companies that use them. I explained that I would not do business with any company that hires SubscriberBase to send spam.

Well, to make a long story short, I had many conversations with them when the spam didn't stop and eventually spoke to their lawyer. He claimed the emails I was getting were coming from their biggest competitor, not them. They couldn't figure out why the links in the emails took me to a website that they own. I figure the same company probably owns both of them. It was a big runaround.

Oh, I also learned that SubscriberBase does a lot of the pop-up ads. I found out talking to their lawyer that they have pop-up blockers at work. I asked him if he thought that was a little ironic and he said no. They only have the pop-up blocker because their IT people make them. I told him I think it's ironic. He was not amused.

But eventually the emails stopped and I had a lot of fun harrassing a spammer.

Dave