RkyMtnHigh

Ironman

I'm watching a program about Ironman Heros and it's amazing! a 76 yr old nun doing her 20th Ironman and personal stories of those who are handicapped doing it...WOW!

Talk about inspiration! Makes me realize that the "can do" attitude can make the impossible possible!B|

Talk about inspiration! Makes me realize that the "can do" attitude can make the impossible possible!B|

Watched the same program. Really makes you want to give it a go.

We live a very short plane ride from the Big Island and are going to try to get over there to stand on the side lines next year. That will be cool. Especially the 11pm-12pm block that they were talking about.

Have Rig will travel ...

I'm watching a program about Ironman Heros and it's amazing! a 76 yr old nun doing her 20th Ironman and personal stories of those who are handicapped doing it...WOW!

You want to read about and see something absolutely AMAZING ...

Check out http://www.teamhoyt.com/history.shtml

And then watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1PxfW43fuk

Inspirational.

If that's not love I don't know what is.

:)
'Shell
'Shell

I went to Ironman in Coeur D'Alene last year to cheer for a friend who was doing his first one. It is SUCH a cool event to witness. We helped out on the course as volunteers during the day, then spent the last four hours at the finish line. Most of the people coming in during that time period are the average people who set a not-so-average goal, just to finish. It's completely inspiring to watch it all unfold. If you have one anywhere near you, go watch and/or volunteer. It's a blast.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I live in Boston and have competed in several marathons, small road races, and triatlons that the Hoyts were in. They are simply amazing. I believe that at one point the father was consistently running marathons in times between 2:30 - 2:45 while pushing his son. At one point, someone approached him and asked him to run solo so that he'd have the opportunity to win and he responded indicating that him and his son were not interested, as they are a team. They are definately an inspiration.

I was at the first Arizona Ironman competition to watch my son do his first Ironman. When he came out of the water for the swim, which was first....he was so cold and a little disoriented, it worried me. Then we witnessed him on the bike and all was fine and the same for the run. Shortly before the finish line, you could bring your children to a waiting area and then as their parent rounded the corner, they could join with them and go across the finish line together. I had my 6yr. old granddaugher there and released her to her Daddy for the finish. Which meant I missed seeing the actual finish, but I had such tears of joy seeing her run to Daddy to finish. It is an event every one should see sometime. I applaud anyone who has the stamina to finish one of these Ironmans! He placed at 810, not bad for a first timer and did it in a little over 12 hrs. I can't even imagine what it would take to do this.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I was at the first Arizona Ironman competition to watch my son do his first Ironman. When he came out of the water for the swim, which was first....he was so cold and a little disoriented, it worried me. Then we witnessed him on the bike and all was fine and the same for the run. Shortly before the finish line, you could bring your children to a waiting area and then as their parent rounded the corner, they could join with them and go across the finish line together. I had my 6yr. old granddaugher there and released her to her Daddy for the finish. Which meant I missed seeing the actual finish, but I had such tears of joy seeing her run to Daddy to finish. It is an event every one should see sometime. I applaud anyone who has the stamina to finish one of these Ironmans! He placed at 810, not bad for a first timer and did it in a little over 12 hrs. I can't even imagine what it would take to do this.

Pics?:)

I do have a pic.........she will have to be a runner as well, with her long legs!!! After looking, I guess it was closer to 13 hours! Still an achievement.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.