lisamariewillbe

Need toilet flapper advise

Okay, so its been horrific .... my little 6 year old will never lose his guy card if he can continue to drop what he just did not to long ago (btw boys are gross, esp mine).... problem is, that little flapper thingy that has the water trying to fill the bowl back up to make it stop filling the bowl wont stop filling up and so it is overflowing, literally water has been flowing for a long while, I called maintence to come shut the water off and they still havent shown up and now there not answering the pages I send. Im out of towels, out of blankets and out of friggen ideas.

First off how do I turn the water off?

Second can I fix this myself after I get the water stopped?

Third, anyone have extra towels cause these are going in the trash :D[:/]

Oh and we need a puking emot because thats the best way to describe this horrible day >:(

HELPPPPP
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Take the lid off the flush box and fiddle with the flapper valve. Sounds like it is hung up on something or sometime the chain gets tangled or caught up. Sounds like the toilet is plugged also. Get out the plunger.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Im about to start posting Walt pictures soon because i dont know the terms and I think I messed things up more sigh.... its not hung up theres this little white tube that is just releasing water , when messing with it I broke a thing on that tube that the water gets released into.

I dont have a plunger :|

Raise the float (ball) as high as you can and the water should stop. You can wire it up with a coat hanger until proper repairs can proceed.

If it doesn't have a ball float, there'll be a donut shaped float that encircles the plastic tube...raising that up should do the same thing.

Also LM...you're saying you broke something, but I'm not sure what. If it's the valve arm to the float, you're kinda hosed unless you get the oval shaped valve handle broken loose (try channel locks for more leverage). I'm assuming the toilet is also clogged which is why the water is running all over the room?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Im not sure , all I know is its a mess I didnt have a ball thingy to prop out, had to get the water dept out here to shut the water off which Ill get charged for, my apartment complex wont have a good day tomorrow once Im done talking to them, to stop the flooding from going into the bedroom and closet I literally used all the towels, all but one blanket and two armfuls of my clothing. Which is all going in the trash. Needless to say Im sitting here smoking a cigerrette and drinking wine. This is what I get for giving my boys the master bedroom

You have been feeding them again I'm assuming?
Parents just don't get it, you keep feeding them, they just get bigger and keeping asking for more.
Glad you resolved the problem.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)