caribadive

Container Info

I am looking at buying my first container, and I've narrowed it down to four. I am trying to decide between the Javelin Odyssey, the Vector 3, the Mirage, or the Voodoo. I am going to be learning to freefly so I need something freefly friendly. I was hoping to hear from anyone who has jumped or knows anything about these containers. Any information or opinions you have would be great. I was also wondering if the skyhook for the vector really adds to the safety factor? Thanks for the help.

Hello caribadive -

You probably won't get many answers until you fill out your profile, and this subject has hundreds of threads. I'd suggest you do an individual search on each container in the forums - seriously, I've asked the same question, and I'll save you the flaming I got. Good luck on your search.

El Gato
T.I.N.S.

vector 3 but all you have listed are great would not recommend javelin. i had one and sold it the main closing flap would always be open when sit flying. seen that on other peoples javelins as well. then of course have people tell me that theirs have never been open the sheer design is outdated in my opinion
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

The flap never opened when I had a larger canopy in my javelin, but it has happened a few times when I put in a smaller canopy. I've seen a few javelins with a little pocket of some elastic material under the top flap and it keeps the closing flap where it should be though.

to me that shouldnt be an issue you shouldnt have to modify your rig to be safe it should come that way hence vector 3 mirage etc. javelins design is old most companies got rid of the downward closing flap years ago other than that javelin is an excellent rig and they also need secondary riser covers seen couple of friends w em open and didnt know it i mean come on totally easy fixes in my opinion they need to get with the program
don't try your bullshit with me!!!