GQ_jumper

What I'll miss

I'll be moving back to NC when I get home from Iraq at the end of the year, there are so many reasons I am ready for a change from Colorado. But one thing I will miss are how beautiful it is here after it snows, when the clouds are still low so all the light reflecting off the clouds and snow make it look as bright as day in the middle of the night, I'm going to miss this place.

the pics aren't the best, they were taken with my phone but you get the point;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

That was a few days ago when it was fresh, now it's all wind blown and hard packed, not to mention its 330 in the morning and i just stepped outside and got hit wih the worst blast of cold air i've felt in a loooong time!!! maybe next time;)
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Snow is good for a visit, but that is it.

The Army in its sick dark humor thought it was funny to send me to Alaska for 3 years after my first trip to SWA. After I had asked to be set to my birth place, Hawaii. Of course I didn't spend much time in Alaska and it did have an up side, my Wife and I met there!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I've spent a total of nine years of my life here in colorado so I'm used to the cold, I grew up working as a ski instructor, in fact I wear shorts and t shirts year round. I love the cold, we got more than our share of it last year during our winter MRX, a 10K infil on skis with an 80 pound ruck and a 65 pound sled will teach you some appreciation for the snow:P. As many things as I hate about this place I'm gonna be sad walking away, but I have something great waiting for me in NC so I guess it can't be too bad:)
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

It's not that bad. Raeford is right around the corner.

That's half the reson I'm headin out there, right now I'm in the process of finding an assignment out there. SWCS is offerin up a few jobs, but most of them involve countless nights in the brush at Mckall. so I'm pokin around near the flag pole to see what I can dig up

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shit Dude talk to SKYMONKEYONE!

I try not to associate myself with midget fluffers:P

come on chuck I know you're out there;)

Actually Chuck has given me tons of info on where to find jobs over there, I just need to make a few calls.

The big thing, my Group CSM came up to me the other day and asked what my plans were, he said I should pick where I want to go now instead of leaving it to chance and going where the Army sends me(I've been lucky to have been on a team for this long without getting snagged to go elsewhere, i'm really pushing my luck right now being the SR weapons guy in the comapny in terms of time on station), so if I figure it out and let him know he promised to make the calls to get me the assignment I wanted. I was going to ask for a staff position so I could work on a project I'm starting up in NC without being interrupted but I know him well enough that he wouldn't be too happy hearing me say I want to go sham. He did however say he thought I would make a great instructor, really he just wants to see me do something that will allow me to still contribute to the force until I come back to a team, that's why I'm looking at the weapons committe.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Getting some instructor time and the required courses is one HELL of a resume bullet. I wish I had it. Although I spent about 80% of my time in garrison instructing I never made it to a formal course. That's hurting me now. [:/] Being an instructor for a few years is a pain in the ass but it WILL pay off later. ;)

In SF there's really only one thing that matters, and that's team time, a lot of the CSM's I know never did their instructor time. I wouldn't mind doing it, I just don't want to end up trudging around the woods 29 days a month teachin knuckleheads. If I'm going to be forced to step away from a team I want a real break.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower