SkydiveStMarys

Chantix

Anyone taking this med?? How are you doing on it? Is it helping? Any side effects?

Yeah...I'm thinking about quitting. I have set up a Drs appointment for next thursday to get a script for this med. I have heard only good things about this med.

Enlighten me will ya.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Yes. I took it. This is what happened. For anyone who does not know, this is to help quit smoking.

I took it for the first week, still smoking, and I noticed that I smoked a lot less. That was even on the lower dose that you start on. I hit my "quit date" and went to the higher dose. I did not have any problems smoking or quitting for that matter.

Side Effects.
nausea.. When you read the directions follow them.
Take it with 8 ounces of water and after eating!

I took it for a week, quit then took it for another week, got up one morning, forgot to eat, then I took it and about 15-20 minutes later I wanted to yak. I only had a corn dog in the freezer. I heated it up, took one bite and I knew it was coming. the sink was right there. It had clean dishes in it. I moved them out with one hand and was still holding the corn dog in the other.

I leaned in to puke and poked my eye out on the faucet. I dropped everything and went into the bathroom to finish.

I have not smoked since, I've been afraid I'll poke my eye out. That was in Aug 2006. If you can get past a little nausea and always eat with it, you should be fine.

My doctor said that everyone else it was given to did not quit because they could not get past the nausea and they quit taking the meds.