GQ_jumper

Randy"The Natural" Cotoure coming out of retirement to fight Sylvia

He announced it last night, Randy has gone back up to the heavyweight class and is now coming back out of retirement to get the belt out of Sylvia's hands. As much as I think someone should stay in retirement after a career like he had this is exactly what the heavyweight division needs. Sylvia might have fought hard to get the belt but since he got it his fights have left a lot to be desired, he doesn't fight to win anymore, he fights not to lose. I hope Randy crushes him.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Randy is the guy that it seems no matter how bad his record is people still love him.

I can't stand watching Sylvia fight, well I can't stand looking at him at all.

If Randy can pull it off that would be cool, but I suspect Cro Cop would absolutely dominate Randy.

Randy signed a 4 or 5 fight deal. So, he's going to be fighting for another 2 years. I certainly hope he doesn't fall apart like Shamrock did. I think he has a great chance against Sylvia. Sylvia is too conservative.

Cro Cop will easily end up with the belt this year.
Skydive Radio!!!

I think this is a bad idea. I keep picturing Ken Shamrock. I think this is a really bad idea. What will he do if he wins and then has to defend the belt?

Ken was a burnout, Randy is far from that, most guys just kind of mentally tap out at 40 whether they like it or not, but there are those few who can continue to push it and I think Randy is one of them. It's a trait very common in wrestlers, they train like no other, Matt Hughes, Tito, and Randy all probably have some of the hardest training regimine's in the game
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I agree but I would rather see a new fighter take the belt than an old fighter, but if an old fighter has evolved their game to the point that they can win it ...

PS: I can't wait to start seeing PRIDE fighters in the UFC!
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I agree but I would rather see a new fighter take the belt than an old fighter, but if an old fighter has evolved their game to the point that they can win it ...

I really don't care! I just want anyone but Sylvia to hold the belt.

PRIDE fighters in the UFC? They're not going to dance around the ring on all fours on their backs for 3 rounds are they? :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I am cautiously excited to see Randy back. I would really like to see him win, and I think he can. However, if he does win, with a four fight contract I'm sure he will have to face Cro Cop at some point. I want to see him retire on top. Oh well, I still can't wait to see him against Silvia.

I really don't care! I just want anyone but Sylvia to hold the belt.

PRIDE fighters in the UFC? They're not going to dance around the ring on all fours on their backs for 3 rounds are they? :ph34r:

Different kind of PRIDE fighting. ;) But I do believe there is footage of the fighting you are referring to somewhere on the internet.

I can't wait to start seeing PRIDE fighters in the UFC

Well we now have Cro Cop, Silva, and Jackson here in the UFC, so we're getting all the best;), throw in Sakuraba and we got ourselves a monopoly on talent!!

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I can't wait to start seeing PRIDE fighters in the UFC

Well we now have Cro Cop, Silva, and Jackson here in the UFC, so we're getting all the best;), throw in Sakuraba and we got ourselves a monopoly on talent!!

They need to get Fedor Emelianenko.