sundevil777

Airbus CEO dropped trousers in meeting with US Air

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=500d528b-ba22-4ac9-9678-e70f543b448b&

In his book 'Boeing Versus Airbus', Newhouse recounts how Pierson traveled to US Airways headquarters in 1997 where he thought he would put the finishing touches on the large order. Instead, he was hit with an eleventh-hour bargaining tactic, as the airlines' then-chairman Stephen Wolf demanded a five-percent discount on the price.

According to the book, "Pierson began slowly lowering his trousers and saying 'I have nothing more to give.' He then allowed the trousers to fall around his ankles."

Wolf replied: "Pull up your pants. I don't need any more money," thus sealing the deal. Newhouse says he got the anecdote from Pierson himself and confirmed it with another person who was present.

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am