masterblaster72

Riggers in NYC?

Anyone know of a rigger based in NYC or the outer boroughs? I'm probably going to San Diego for work next week and I'd like to have my reserve repacked for the trip in hope of getting some jumps in out there.

I'm due for a repack in a week, and I have no transpo to and from Cross Keys or the Ranch so that won't be an option. Also, skydive LI is closed for the season.

Usually I have E.G. (in NJ near the GW bridge) pack my reserve but I have not been able to reach him...

I also did a search here but found nothing...so if you know of any riggers in the NYC area I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

...not to take the work away from anyone local to you...

but
why not consider shipping the rig out west, to the dz you plan to visit... ( certainly call ahead and set it up...)
and have one of their riggers do the packjob for you... Then
1. it's there and waiting for you...
2. you're sure to be in date.
3. if you have time, it isn't that costly..
( if you have the $$$$, and NOT the time then send it 'next day', or '2nd day')
4. you won't have to drag it along with you through the airport....
5. it will give you a SOLID excuse to leave your work responsibilities, at least for ONE day, to "go and get it"...
6. It might assure that you get at least a few jumps..:).
..... or else..... not.

jmy

Thanks Jimmy, good idea, problem is that the trip is not 100% certain. Could end up being very costly if I were to ship it out there and had to have it shipped back in case I don't go.

Any idea how much it would cost to have the rig sent by ground, insured?

Thank you

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

sure.....i see

not certain of todays rates
a few times, in the past,,, NY to Fla...ground, insured
seemed to run me 60 or 70 bucks...
east coast to west coast could hit 100... not sure..[:/]

But it is likely that your rig is smaller than mine...... since mine is "not small"...;)B|
and if you carry your main with you,
and just ship the reserve and containter, on ahead, it could be cost effective.....:|

Now,as far as "in case I don't go " is concerned...:o

......Forget "In case I don't go".. !!!
Instead.....

Now you can INSIST that your company send you out there!!!!!!
and have 'em fly you First Class, while they're at it !!!!..
hahahahaha
...works for me...;)
good luck

jmy
a3914 d12122

Anyone know of a rigger based in NYC or the outer boroughs? I'm probably going to San Diego for work next week and I'd like to have my reserve repacked for the trip in hope of getting some jumps in out there.

I'm due for a repack in a week, and I have no transpo to and from Cross Keys or the Ranch so that won't be an option. Also, skydive LI is closed for the season.

Usually I have E.G. (in NJ near the GW bridge) pack my reserve but I have not been able to reach him...

I also did a search here but found nothing...so if you know of any riggers in the NYC area I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

The rigger for SDLI works through out the year. He is about 45 minutes away from NYC. PM if you want his information.