RB_Hammer

JumpTrack 3.0 software locks up

I got a new Alti-Track with the USB Track and JumpTrack 3.0. I am running on XP Home, latest with all updates/service packs applied.
When I start JumpTrack, I get the start-up logo and then nothing. After about 5 minutes, it simply terminates. When I check the task manager, it shows JumpTrack using 99%+ CPU until it finally dies.
Anyone have a similar problem, and even better, a solution?
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

E mail the manufacturer. I had a similar problem and they led me through a fix. They have great customer service.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Hmm... I have never used that program but if you run a better operating system such as Ubuntu by Linux that might cure your problem:)

I resisted a reply to this, because it is so very off topic, but I finally have to. Ubuntu is not 'by Linux'. Ubuntu is a Linux based OS. Frankly, I am not entirely sure most Windows based software would run on it, but who cares? Why bother? My laptop came with Windows XP Home. I use a couple of firewalls, a good security suite with anti-virus, anti-spam and the rest and I have never had any problems. I perform the updates when Mircosoft puts them out, again no problems. When I do have a problem, I have someone in America I can call that WILL help me. When I get ready to upgrade my laptop, in about a month, I will use PC clone software.
Why bother with it? I have other things to do with my time than mess with a computer, after all, it is simply a tool not a social statement.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley