gontleman

So I just woke up from having a dream about meds

A bottle of the only prescription I take is right around $300. Its a combo of two other meds.. olanzapine and fluoxetine. My dream had my brain imagining that if I were to get those 2 in seperate generic bottles... I would either pay $70 for both or around $70 for each.

Surely I'm dreaming. God what a weird thing to dream about.

At least ya dream CHEAP!;)

Clearly. If only it were true. I'd love to walk into the pharmacy in real life as I just did and hear those magic words.

The problem has been that my current medical insurance hasn't covered the prescription (perhaps because its "new"ish) and the insurance itself sucks. I have 12 pills left and 3 months before I get my new insurance. I only take them when I really feel like I need them which is not how they are supposed to be taken. Just spacing it out as 1 per week.

So I guess my mind is coming up with ways to make it possible! Yay for positive thinking.

I only take them when I really feel like I need them which is not how they are supposed to be taken. Just spacing it out as 1 per week.

If you're using them like that, then you might as well not be taking the fluoxetine at all. It's worthless when you only take 1 a week. You could talk to your doc and have him prescribe the fluoxetine and one of the traditional antipsychotics. Each medicine would cost you $4 at WalMart. There are fewer side effects with the newer drugs (like olanzapine), but if you're not taking it because of cost, then you might be better off with something that still works and is affordable.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Listen to what Lisdey says, do talk to your doctor and ask if you can get them cheaper. Prozac is not expensive but I don't know about the *pine, however you should really put your mental health on the top of your priorities when it comes to money. You can't tell yourself "I feel fine this week so I won't get my meds", because that mindsetting could change in an instand. What if that happens at 3k feet when you have to pull, but don't?

I don't know you, you might even be fine without the medication, but do talk to your doctor about it, because taking your medication when you feel like taking it simply doesn't work.

Good luck bud.:)
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.