SarahC07

Series 7 (small rant)

Yes, I'm talking about the Series 7 Securities Licensing Exam - It's making me a little insane.

Has anyone else studied for this exam?

The very large amount of material you are required to learn is ridiculous and very specific and in my opinion, fairly inconsistent with any present day application.... well, at least with what I'll be doing. Right now, I'm studying pretty much all day long... I guess it could be worse. My employer could refuse to let me study at work, but still...

Yeah and I know people are taking the BAR exam and I'm sure it's way more difficult, but I just wanted to complain about my current undertaking of mastering the art of options.

*exhales* I feel a little better now. :)

I took all lines...EXCEPT securities. :ph34r:

I wanted to, but the agency position I was taking would not allow a captive agent working for an agent to hold securities -at least not in the beginning for sure.

Even so, I got physically ILL the morning of the exam from worry. Very out of character; I typically test very well. :)
Thank God I passed, I couldn't have gone through the stress again...:P

Securities is far worse I understand, so you've got some huevos. :ph34r:

You'll do fine. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

oh gee Thanks.

My company is going to variable accounts, with stocks and funds to be a part as well and I am going to HAVE to get a 6 and 7.

U just ruined my day. Why u gotta post about how aggravating / hard its gonna be??

(I already knew it, but I don't need more people telling me)

B|:)
Scott