WooHoo

Brand New Rig. Tight Shoulders

I got my first ever brnd new made to measure rig today, it is a Vector 3 and it looks great and I love it. However when I put it on it felt tight over the shoulders and really seemed to dig in.

My old rig was a second hand Jav Oddesy which I guess was well worn in when I got it. Do most new rigs take a while to soften up and it it a case of the shoulder straps and risers getting broken it. The rig feels really snug, which I imagine is how it should feel, so maybe my old rig was a little loose.

So how long (jumps) does a new rig take to get broken in, Thanks

Main lift web may be too short. Have a more experienced jumper have a look, better yet your rigger, if no one is able to determine what the issue is get someone to take pictures of you with your jumpsuit and rig on, cinch it up like you are ready to jump, front shot with arms down and one with arms up, side shot too. Make sure they are clear and well lit and email them to RWS.......sorry United Parachute Technologies, give them the serial number of your rig and they can go back and look at their production paperwork with your measurements on it to see what happened.
The biggest problem with some customers is they will fudge a measurement by taking an inch off with the intention of losing weight but sometimes it doesn't happen and they will put weight on, the rig won't fit right, and we have to scramble to make it right.
We had a customer take some time off from jumping, when he came back he packed on 16 lbs, we remade the main lift web and adjusted the horizontal to fit him, he came out to jump and did not tell us that he had then lost 10 lbs, it was too loose on him, so we altered it again, he went home didn't jump and went up 8 lbs, guess what then?
Now that I have digressed, email UPT tell them whats going on, send the photos and they will let you know what to do next.