"Battlestar Galactica" (2003): Not Your Father's Oldsmobile

The issue with waiting until Jan was until about 5 weeks ago SciFi/USA networks had only signed a 13 episode contract due to sagging ratings after moving to Sundays. They were able to get a 20 episode deal signed with the inclusion of a 2 hour "movie" about Pegasus. The "Movie" will be out in September-ish and will focus on Pegasus from before the Cylon attack until it was found by Galactica. Its going to be staring the entire cast plus those from the Pegasus episodes. You'll be able to buy it on DVD in stores the next day/week. That goes into production in June. Filming for the regular episodes was rumored to start in September. Also unless they break it into a Season 4.0 and 4.5, Sky network will not carry the series since they require somthing like over 50% of the episodes to be in the can before they will start showing the season to make sure there are no breaks in it. I wouldn't mind seeing it split. Do new episodes Mid Jan- April and then again September - Nov with DVD's out for Christmas.

Now that they have 20 episodes to work with its looking like season 4 might be it for the series. The writers and producers are on record as saying they do not want the series to be dragged out for years like other shows (SG1, Star Trek, etc) were and want to be able to answer all the open questions with out having to create new ones to keep the series alive. They were looking at having to do 13 episodes and then a wrapup "movie" but the 20 episodes should do it better.

Most people don't know it but the episodes are being shot in HD also so they may start broadcasting it in HD as soon as SciFi starts broadcasting an HD signal. I've heard a HD channel called "Universal HD" is already showing it and the graphics on it are riviting. I'd love to pick up the series on Blue Ray.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

After listening to some of the BSG PodCasts it looks like Starbuck is going to be starring in the new version of the Bionic Woman.Shes not going to be Jamie Sommers (previously Lindsay Wagner's character) but its being said that Starbuck will be "a close female friend" of Jamie Sommers.No release date on this yet but they do say she will keep up appearances on BSG.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I may have missed it in other folks post (I did a lot of reading late at night ) so forgive if I am coving something already covered, but as everyone knows Crossroads part 1 and part 2 (the last two shows for season 3) has the song All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan, the song played a big part of these two shows. The reason I bring this up is that in this song that the start of the song is the end of the story and the end of the song is the start of the story, and over and over it has been started that “This has all happened and it will all happen again” So with these two things in mind maybe we are getting a preview in to season four or maybe some how this time everything is happening backwards. Also I need to say that in the commentary for the mini-series that it was said that a lot of this Battelstar was inspired be Edward James Olmos in his role in Blade Runner. The movie Blade Runner was based on Philip K. Dick’s Book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. In the end of the book you are left wondering if Richard Deckard is an Android or not. I am betting that when Battlestar ends we are going to be left not really knowing who is a toaster and who is human. After going back and reviewing seasons one and two and rereading Philip K. Dicks book I found lot of things that cross over and a lot more parallels. I am wondering if any one has any ideas on this.

I think that in the sprit of the show that somehow, and I have know idea how it would come out. That Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and Tory are not human or cylon, but some kind of mix between the two that happened long before humans were humans and man created cylons in this chapter of the story. Keeping in mind that it has been said that “This has happened before and it will happen again” That the final five may be something left behind from the last telling of the story so both sides get a little closer to getting everything right or perfection. From what I know (and that is very little) of the Hindu Religion that you will leave clues from one life to the next so you can make each life a little bit better and get closer to perfection. Then you can factor in the whole All Along the Watchtower thing that in fact that this story is really running backwards, as much as a twist as that could be it would be hard write and pull off. I think that they are going to take the cheap trick and bringing Lampkin back as the 5th of the final five. Just me I could and I hope that I am wrong on this one.

Also the creators of BSG can if done right could do for sci/fi T. V. what Robert A. Heinlein did for sci/fi novels in season 4. If season 4 makes us not only enjoy the show but stop and look back at ourselves and wonder What if. To me that is great sci/fi

Also, maybe the whole Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and Tory thing and the interviews with the creators of the show for the rest of this year could be just one great big red herring just to keep intrest in the show. The shows creators have a habbit of saying one thing in interviews, not really lieing but wording things so that people hear what the pretty much want to hear and not really pay mind to what is really being said.
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

After listening to some of the BSG PodCasts it looks like Starbuck is going to be starring in the new version of the Bionic Woman.Shes not going to be Jamie Sommers (previously Lindsay Wagner's character) but its being said that Starbuck will be "a close female friend" of Jamie Sommers.No release date on this yet but they do say she will keep up appearances on BSG.

Sweetie

I went back and pulled up the podcast and listened to it and I found that I was an error to a degree what was said was "Katee Sackhoff, will star in the new Bionic Woman but not as Jamie Sommers, but as a person real close to her with a twist that most of America may not be ready for." Also from what was said in the podcast one of the reasons that she "killed" and then brought back was Katee Sackhoff is with child right now and is starting to show that is the reason you only get to see her in the viper at the end of crossroads part two. She should have had her child by the start of filming for season four and she has been signed for the whole season. Also in season four there will be alot more CGI and other effects. It even listed the 7 known human cylons and they are:

1) Lt. Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii AKA Lt. Sharon 'Athena' Agathon played by Grace Park

2) Number Six played by Tricia Helfer

3) D'Anna Biers played by Lucy Lawless

4) Brother Cavil played by Dean Stockwell

5) Simon played by Rick Worthy

6) Aaron Doral played by Matthew Bennett

7) Leoben played by Callum Keith Rennie
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

But will she get hurt skydiving????? Gotta be true to that!

The rumor is that she will be some kind of military (Delta Forces type) that gets hurt during a jump on a mission. This show is also being done by Ron Moore, and he has a way of saying things in interviews that are kinda tricky meaning he will not lie outright, but he will not tell the whole truth.
--Garrison Keillor