mutron

regarding silhouette 170 - value

hey guys....
I am cosidering buying a used silhouette 170 dom 1997 - with I guess less than a hundred jumps on it ... I know a 9 year old canopy with less than a hundred jumps on it ... however I had a rigger inspect it and he seems to believe by the condition of the canopy that it has anywhere from 25-50 jumps on it ... my question is are there any real differences in the fabrics and design of a silhouette made in 1997 from one that is produced today.. and say if I did buy the canopy and put 200 jumps on it what would you consider a fair price for resale value... and would it be hard to resale.... I would be loading the canopy around 1:1 with 50 jumps and from what Ive read it would a good first canopy....
the gentleman who is selling it wants a 1000 which I fell is a little high andy advice apprediated

Hello mutron,
unfortunately I'm not much help when it comes to pricing, but I can tell you that there have been no changes in the design or fabric for the Silhouette since it came out.

It is definitely a great first canopy - sometimes referred to as PD's best kept secret :)

Blue ones,
Kolla Kolbeinsdottir
Performance Designs, Inc
Blue Skies Magazine