Freefly710

Dave Ramsey????

Never read any of his books but listen to his show on the radio as much as possible. Seems like a really down to earth guy with simple answers to financial questions. :)
I would have a hard time applying some of the stuff because I would have to give up skydiving. [:/]

Read on.....

Scott

Ive brought him up recently in a thread. We have been following his sno ball effect as well as the pay ourselves first. Im down to almost no debt and we cut Nathans in half (his was higher then mine). Granted we haven't gone out for a few months and we aren't eating steak but our unsecured debt is at less then 10% of our incomes now and we have savings.

Which book are you reading?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

He's a bit over the top but I think he has to be to reach all the people, and make them understand. As far as his practices and what he teaches I think he's right on. He has done allot of good for allot of people.

Everything he Teaches is pretty much common sense that we should all be doing anyway, but we get caught up in society crap and its easy to get out of control.
"there's a fine line between hobby and mental illness"

Actually, my Dad gave me his book, etc for Christmas. My Dad swears by his method. I was talking to him on Sunday and asked him "Whatcha doin'?" and his reply was "Paying bills.... all of them... for the 1st time in forever".

By following Dave Ramseys plan he has managed to amass quite a savings and a total financial overhaul since November.

Maybe I'll get off my stubborn butt and read the book, but I have to agree with an earlier poster..... it would cut into my jumping......... THAT just is not permitted to happen! :P

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

I listen to him on the radio, but I've not read any of his books. Fortunately, I'm debt free and don't have any need to finance anything. I like a lot of the things he says, but at the same time, some of his positions seem to be "pie in the sky" to me.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

He's a bit over the top but I think he has to be to reach all the people, and make them understand

In a way I agree, if one were to follow every bit of advice I would consider the life boring and way overboard. However find the areas one needs help in and start small. Im good at making budgets, bad at keeping them. His practices help me have no choice in sticking with what we created.

Everything he Teaches is pretty much common sense that we should all be doing anyway, but we get caught up in society crap and its easy to get out of control.

Common sense doesn't mean common though. Think about it , how many people actually do not have any unsecured debt? Having unsecured debt goes against common sense yet most of America is knee deep in it.

Then again I save ketchup from fast food joints and use at home... :|
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this