matt1215

Hyundai owners?

I posted about the Civic-SI last week and pretty much everyone seems to like them. The price is right, but a Civic's a bit small for my taste. I find myself thinking that it'd be nice to have a vehicle where the driver's-side back-seat is useful to a 6'3" driver. In short, I'd be all over an Accord-SI if they made it B|.

With freeflychris' post about his new Hyundai, I decided to see what they offer in the same price-range. The 2 vehicles I'm looking at are the Sonata and the Santa Fe. Anybody own these cars?

Got the SanteFe here. Really like it. Very comfortable for long drives, able to transport what we need it to do, a nice SUV. I also have a Tiburon (REALLY, REALLY LIKE it!!) Hyundai's have always been good to me. Lower cost, good milage, great service....

I'd be all over an Accord-SI if they made it B|.

It's called the Accord EX V6 w/6-speed. Hyundai has come a long way, but if you're expecting Honda quality switchgear, you'll be disappointed.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I've got a 2002 Santa Fe with 100,000 miles on it. Very Happy with it, except it only averages 21 mpg. My ex has the Sonata, I guess about 40,000 miles, it's a 2003. They've both been good cars. But if I had only the Santa Fe, I would not be happy, but my corvette is a great alternate, and gets better mileage than the Santa Fe.

Luck is Preparation meeting Opportunity

I'd be all over an Accord-SI if they made it B|.

It's called the Accord EX V6 w/6-speed. Hyundai has come a long way, but if you're expecting Honda quality switchgear, you'll be disappointed.

That Accord 6-speed V6 EX looks like an incredible machine, but a little out of my budget [:/]. Lots of $$ for a car, but I'm sure it's worth every penny. Maybe that's an argument to drive my Mazda for another year.

I figure the lower cost for the Hyundai has to come from somewhere.

What's switchgear?

Well the vette can be a gas hog. I drive it conservativly. Until some hot shot tempts me enough.

Nice!! One of the guys I work with bought a new Corvette recently, says the power is obscene :o. Sweet looking ride, but definitely not a luxury I can afford.

I have a Santa fe Most feckin reliable damn car i have ever had new. Apart from service The only think i have had to buy is 2 new tyres in 4.5 years :S.

you wont regret buying a Hyundai it has a huge space for all your gear

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I have an elantra (model below sonata) going on 6 years. 90K miles. no problems except one enging misfire and everything was covered under the 100,000 mile guarantee. My father had a santa fe and LOVED it. My mother had a Tucson and loved it as well. If you think the santa fe guzzles too much gas, take a look at the Tucson.