Chris-Ottawa

Neptune Vertical Profile Question

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me here. I am looking to buy a Neptune but was curious about one aspect of it - The downloadable info/vertical profile. I have a GPS and a $200 application that gives me all kinds of detail. I noticed paralog also works with GPS's so i wonder if my Garmin Mapsource application will read neptune logs.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible, or even better, if someone can "lend" me their tracks or file downloaded from the Neptune.

I would really appreciate this because this software has all kinds of detail. I can plot the track on an accurate map, soo the speed at different altitudes/locations, see the vertical profile etc.

Thanks so much

PM me for my email if you have a log for me!

Thanks a bunch!
Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

so i wonder if my Garmin Mapsource application will read neptune logs.

Your Garmin mapsource software will not recognize Neptune files. Paralog is the only software program authorized for use with the Neptune.

I can plot the track on an accurate map, soo the speed at different altitudes/locations, see the vertical profile etc.

Paralog is a far better program,shows your flight data better and is skydiver friendly. Garmin mapsource is no where in the same league as Paralog when it comes to skydiving data mining and readouts.Plus Paralog is less expensive than MapSource.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING