stevebabin

Lori Love

Lori was my chief instructor at Skydive City Z Hills when I was the manager there. She was a consumate aviator, the first woman to hold all three tandem ratings for Strong, Vector, and Racer. She was a ruthless AFF evaluator, and a phenomenal pilot, and one of the first to be inducted into the Smithsonian for her achievments as a female pilot.

She was the biggest workaholic I ever met. Not only was she working as a pilot, but since leaving skydiving, she qualified as a special ed teacher, got her masters, learned Spanish, and moved back to Kansas to take care of her 90 year old father.

I was proud to call her a personal friend. We emailed regularly and always met up when she came by the Bay Area here. I was going to email her this week to see what she was up to. Her exploits across the world always made for great reading. I hope they find her, or at least what happened to her. Her father deserves to know what happened to her.

There's a lot of jumpers out there today who were taught by Lori, and a lot who managed to wrestle an AFF rating out of her. They'll alll hopefully be sparing a thought for her and the part she played in where they are today in the sport.

Blue skies Lori, I'll miss you.....