RALFFERS

This is the last time...

Ok, I know a few of my last posts had me bitching, moaning, worried and whatnot...that was never my intension and hope the following doesn't sound similar

I've come to realize really hate my job....working as an insurance agent sucks donkey balls! For the first time in a long time I felt (unfortunately for only a brief moment) that I head everything together and going right when I landed a job that had an OK base salary plus great commission. I was making anywhere from 50 to 200 calls a day, and to no avail; production was nearly nonexistent. My boss called me yesterday morning and told me that my base salary was being cut and I could keep my job if i wanted, but would be working 100% commission, AGAIN :| Now, either the market is really that bad (banks are closing left and right) or I suck at sales, either way I don't think this is for me. I'm willing to work in other areas of insurance, just not sales. Underwriting would be nice, but everywhere I've looked you need experience...

I've already decided that I'm going back to school, but that's another 2 years and 3 months away; in the mean time I need to work and pay bills like everyone else. Can you get a decent job with an associates of liberal arts degree? Most of my experience is in an office setting. if you know of anything good in the Chicago area, or even around the country please PM me. I hope I find something soon; I don't like this present feeling or the vibe it may be (probably is) sending out to people. This is not the real me.

I found the 1 thing in life that makes me happy, and now I can't even work towards my A....>:(

As always thanks a bunch....you guys are great :)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

You can get great jobs working for municipalities with the lack of a degree or with associates degrees (of course a bachelors or better is better, but work what you have, right). If you have a clean record and a desire to help people then you might be able to get into law enforcement. Its a good job that is really and truly a thankless job that is incredibly high stress, but its still a good job.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You can get great jobs working for municipalities***

municipalities as in city and/or state jobs? How would I go about seeking them out? Would a alderman be able to help?

Law enforcement would be cool, but the damn CP wold get in the way, unless it was an office or desk job.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of