Nightingale

My kitty died.

Whenever I did laundry, Ani the light colored cat would invariably want to sleep in the dark colored clothes fresh from the dryer. Indy the dark colored cat is always found in the whites basket. I think they choreographed this on purpose.

:D:D:D:D

Oh YES they did! Cats have been worshipped as gods since the beginning of time ... and they haven't forgotten that! :D:D

:)
'Shell

I'm heartbroken for you. I saw your post this morning just before I went to work but didn't have time to respond.

I thought about you all day. I know the pain you feel, and the horrible doubt that you did the right thing.

I put my sweet cat to sleep in Feb., and I agonized for 5 mos. that I did the right thing. I wasn't ready to let her go, but it was about doing the best for her.

And that's what it was about for Anakin too...you came to realize that when you saw all the tubes and listened to the statistics. You can only do the best you can with the information you have, which I believe is what you did.

I believe people and animals have souls. And because of that, I like to think there's as much of a chance of an animal having an afterlife as a human. And I'd like to think that in God's presence they somehow get an understanding of the love and care that the people in their life gave them....and if that's true, my cat and Anakin now understand what happened on their last day, how we were trying to help them.

If that's not true, well...my heart and mind are still comforted by the knowledge that they are not suffering anymore.

I'm glad your family was there for you.

A prayer of peace and comfort sent up for you...
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

10/22/07
I'm sorry. I understand your loss. My West Highland
White Terrier was with me for 16 years and he left
me 14 years ago. There is not a day that has gone
by that I still don't miss him. Outside of my son,
he was my best friend. I do believe that he is in
Heaven waiting for me. When I die, both of our
ashes were be scattered by friends on a skydive.
Won't that be a jump for them to remember?
Way to go for you, to be there at the end for your
friend...his spirit knew you were there for him.
grace, peace & blue skies
sep

It still hurt's like a son-of-a-bitch.

Yes, it does. I feel like an idiot. I keep crying over the dumbest things... a cat barf stain on the carpet that I missed last time I scrubbed... the healing scratch on my leg from the very last time he ever scratched me, when I tried to feed him like the vet told me to when he didn't want to eat... a kitten on the LA City website in the little "pet adoptions" box that looked just like Ani when he was little... these stupid little things just set me off crying again.

Hi Night,
All those little things set us off. Comming home from work and they are not there to meet you. Looking up in the fork of the maple tree where Booger did her "Cheshire Cat" stance. I still lose it. Guess we'll have to wait till Rainbow Bridge.
Got her ashes from the vets on Friday. 'Put them next to Fuzzy's and Noisy's.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out