BlieSkues2006

Advance Rig (parafun) - Experience anyone

I am thinking of buying an Advance rig, but I cannot find any information about it in general. It is manufactured by parafun apparently, cannot find anything about them either.

Does anyone have experience with this rig?
Does anyone know about possible problems with this rig?
Does anyone know where I can find more information, the website www.parafun.com seems to be out of the air..

Thanks in advance,
Martin

A few months ago a girl jumping here asked me and another packer to tell her what she's doing wrong because her canopy was consistently opening into linetwists. After a wwhile the problem was finally traced to her Advance container on which the main llift webbing on one side was more than 1 cm longer than on the other...she said the rig had already been sent back once because it was custom ordered, but didn't fit properly.

I've seen and packed a few Advance rigs and while I'm not aware of any major problems with them I can't understand how the hell something like the above could have slipped their quality control...

Jerry 81,

Could you let me know more about this??
I am the owner of the company and I have never heard this story. You can use my e-mail [email protected] to answer or keep going in this post, as you want. I need to know where and if you know the name of the owner of this rig.
Beside this I would be very surprised to see the involvement of 1 cm MLW difference into line twists except if it is a very small size canopy??

Regards,
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

Skydiverek,

Same as above, I never heard of this. If it was the case, we should be at least aware. It is another urban legend??
PLease let me know where you have heard such things.

Regards,
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr

Thank you Jerry

I will let you know and I will post the answer in the forum, because sometheming is wrong and it is no relation with us.
Regards
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr

Skydiverek,

Same as above, I never heard of this. If it was the case, we should be at least aware. It is another urban legend??
PLease let me know where you have heard such things.

Regards,

Hi BKR,

It was posted here on dz.com. Can't find it now... I am NOT not saying it was one of you rigs (sorry if it came that way).