hobie331

Ghosts in the Sky?

Saturday I'm doing a 2-way at ACDZ, our C182 dz in KS. A 2-way sit (Mike and SKip) had exited in front of us and I gave them a good eight seconds before I even started climb out. My friend and I do our thing, go to our bellies at 5K and I start to track perpendicular to the flight line. I look down and I'm tracking towards an orange and white striped canopy. I'm plenty above but I adjust my angle. It's funny what you think as you're hurling your body towards a spheric object but I remember thinking, "how'd we get so close," and then "Skip must have a new canopy." I had watched Mike pack his purple Alpha earlier so I new it wasn't him. So, I clear my airspace and dump. Get a good canopy and look over my shoulder to find Chris. Look back down and no orange/white canopy. Start looking and see Mike's purlpe canopy way down. Still no white/orange canopy. Then off in the distance I see a black/red/yellow Katana. Hmm, Skip.

Hmmm?????

Any other weird sightings this weekend, or any other?
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.